Eren Yeager - Some Extra Help

Summary: Halfway through your junior year of high school, you realize Eren hasn't been able to get a good grade. Upon Mikasa's request, you take on the mission to help him. High School AU!

-

The sound of the papers is the only noise present in the room. From the corner of your eye, you can see students holding their breath, scared.

As your teacher hands out the graded exams, a smile never leaves your lips.

"Well done, Y/N!" The tall man standing in front of you says as you take the paper from his hands, "Once again the highest grade in the class!"

You excitedly move your shoulders before turning around to see Eren, tears in his eyes as he crumbles the paper in his hands.

Before you can say anything to comfort him, Mikasa takes the test from his hand.

"Another failing grade, Eren?" she says, Your eyes widen in horror as you were expecting her to be more compassionate with the poor boy. Your eyes fall on him, watching carefully for his next reaction.

"I just can't seem to understand this. At all." He says while taking the crumbled paper from her hands and shoving it in his backpack. Your heart hurts seeing him like this but you force your feelings down, trying not show him any pity for he will not take it well.

Suddenly, you are pulled away from your thoughts by Mikasa's voice calling your name.

"What?" You ask, shaking your head and once again bringing your eyes up to her, who now stands behind Eren's chair, her hands on his shoulders.

"Would you tutor him?" She asks while shaking Eren's body gently. You notice how he quietly slaps her hand, trying to get her to stop.

You stare into Eren's green eyes for a few seconds before gently nodding your head. The tiniest smile forms on Mikasa's face before she goes off to talk to Armin.

As the bell rings, you start to put away all of your belongings before feeling a gentle hand touching your hair.

Startled, you look behind you to see a sad Eren, who quietly whispers in your ear that he will be waiting for you in the school's library.

.

While you place your books in the locker, you feel your heart beating in your throat with excitement. The simple thought of being alone with Eren is enough to almost send you into a cardiac arrest.

For a second, your mind wanders back to his deep, green eyes staring at you as sadness fills them. The only reason you are brought back to reality is the realization that you are going to be late for your study session with him.

As you slam the locker shut, you bolt towards the library, trying to avoid any teachers or school staff that might be around, ready to get you into trouble.

Catching your breath, you fix your skirt and tuck a loose strand of hair behind your ear. As you put on your best smile, you walk past the heavy, brown doors before laying your eyes on Eren.

He's sitting right next to the window, eyes down as he reads a book resting on his legs. Taking a deep breath, you walk towards him, your heart beating so fast it almost stops for a second.

Quietly, you tap his shoulder before pulling the chair in front of you. Eren places his book in his backpack as he pulls out his test and the material necessary for your studies.

You notice his hands placed on each side of the notebook, both closed into loose fists as he stares at the blank page. You can sense a wave of panic rushing through his body as he inhales quietly.