Eren Yeager - Shooting Stars In His Hair

"Y/N, let's go, we're gonna be late!" You hear Eren scream from downstairs. You roll your eyes as the brush goes through your hair, breaking every tangle in the process.

You walk around the room, checking to make sure you aren't forgetting anything until your eyes land on the blazer Eren is supposed to be wearing. You grunt loudly before yelling his name.

"Come get your jacket!" Is all you say. You barely hear him say "shit" before the sounds of his rushed footsteps echo through the house.

Once he enters the room, you notice the mess that it is his hair, even though he just washed it, it still looks like it hasn't been brushed in days. Your mind wanders back to the countless hours you've spent in bed with him over the past week, and you realize this is the first time in a long time he has washed his hair.

You sigh, pinching the bridge of your nose as he struggles to put on the piece of clothing.

"What?" He asks, adjusting the collar of his shirt.

"Your hair." You reply, your voice is barely audible than a whisper. Your annoyance is written all over your features.

"You don't like my bun?"

"Sit down, I'll take care of it for you." You grab the brush while gesturing at the bed. He simply nods before taking his hair down and finding a comfortable position on the mattress.

Shifting the blankets around, you position yourself behind him while you stand on your knees to reach his head without any problems. The smell of his shampoo hits your nose before you even begin to work on the tangles and you can't help but smile. You kiss his scalp gently and he giggles in response, leaning against your touch.

You place your left hand underneath his tips while your right holds the brush, gently rushing through his dark hair. Every so often, his head tugs back in response to your moviments, but not once does he complain.

"Could you braid it?" He asks quietly and you can notice a light shade of red spreading across his cheeks. You quickly wrap your arms around his shoulder, feeling as he ghosts his fingers across your skin.

"Of course." You reply, kissing his cheek before returning to your previous position.

Gently, you begin to move the strands around, each part filled with more love than the previous one. You take a second to analyze it and make sure not a single lock of his hair is misplaced. Once you are done, you flip it around, forming a small bun on the back of his head. You try leaning over towards the bedside table for a few bobby pins but they're just out of your reach.

Without moving his head, Eren extends his arm, grabbing the small container with ease before handing it to you. Your lips touch his fingers as you place a kiss on his knuckles, a token of your appreciation.

Three metal pins later, his hair stays in the exact position you place it. The only strands out of place are the ones you meant to leave that way.

With a smile on his lips, he gets up and twirls around, showing you how handsome he looks. You giggle as his hands reach for your waist, lifting you from the bed towards the carpeted floor, red marks on your knees left there by the bed sheets.

"Are you ready to go now?" He asks, and you nod.

His hand still on your waist as he pulls you closer to him, sealing your lips on his. The minty taste of the toothpaste still lingers in his mouth while Eren gently sucks on your tongue, enough to awaken butterflies in your stomach.

"Happy Birthday, sweetheart." You whisper against his lips.

"Thank you, my love." He replies, "Now let's go, we're so late that Armin might kill us."

You laugh before he takes your hand, gently guiding you down the stairs as your phone starts to ring, Armin's name lit up on the screen. Looking at his emerald eyes for a second, you both say in unison,

"Shit."