Historia Reiss - Queensguard

Summary: Historia knows that she can count on her inner circle of soldiers. You, on the other hand, she trusts a little bit more.

-

The private bedroom of The Queen was not a heavily trafficked area of the castle. For the most part, only a small team of chambermaids and Historia herself have even seen the inside of her bedchamber. Guards were told to remain outside of the door and were strictly forbidden to enter.

Yet on the nights when it was you assigned to stand watch outside of her bedroom, it's The Queen herself who often convinces you to abandon your post outside of her door. And lately, you've found yourself being called inside her chambers nearly every time you're posted for guard duty there.

Usually, she waits about an hour into your shift before she cracks the door open and pokes her head outside. She beckons for you to come inside, and of course, you aren't going to decline a direct invitation. But your supervisor would have your head if she knew you'd even thought about it.

Mostly, you just talk to Historia. Sometimes, she asks you to hold her, and sometimes she just curls up in your lap and wraps your arm around her.

She's usually the one who kisses you. Most times you're too shy to make the first move, and it takes some coaxing to get you out of your head. She'll unfasten the buckles of your maneuvering gear with expertise and skill she could have only gained from being a soldier herself, and pushes the harness off your shoulders with your jacket.

"I may be The Queen now," she'll whisper into your hair as her lips press to your forehead, "but you were my friend before any of that."

It makes sense when she says it, and you know that she's right. Yet the next time she calls you in, you go easily, but still, find yourself frozen when her hands begin to wander. For the past few times you'd been in there with her, she's guided your hands to her waist suggestively in a way that clearly suggests she wants more than comforting cuddles.

The last time you'd seen her, she had unsubtly slipped your hand right up the front of her nightgown. Her fingers tightened around yours to hold them in place, but even so, the moment your hand meets her bare skin, you yanked it away.

"I'm sorry. I want to," you told her, your heart thudding in your chest, "I really, really want to – but this job is just..." Your voice trailed off while your hands shook, and you tried to muster up the courage to even touch her hand again.

Historia didn't even look disappointed, but you still feel guilty. "You don't have to explain. It's okay," she assured you, ever considerate.

You couldn't figure out whether the panic you experienced was due to your job security in the Queensguard, or had to do with your big fat gay crush on Historia. But if there's one thing you did know, it's that you had feelings for her that went deeper than the patriotism and loyalty you had towards her as monarch.

Despite your hesitance, Historia was as patient and kind as she always is, and just encouragingly squeezed your hand. Metaphorically, she rolled the ball into your court.

"I want you to know that my offer still stands," she told you softly, "whenever you're ready."

You would be lying if you said you didn't expect this at this point. So many nights you'd spent close to her, or wrapped up in her embrace with her lips on yours. Of course, you wanted her. Endlessly you would daydream about what it would feel like to fuck her.

But what if your captain heard about it? While you were on duty? You'd be court-martialed for sure, then run through the mud by the public.

It might be worth it, though. Up to that point, the time you got to spend with her hands caressing your cheeks and with your ear close to her heart... It was worth every bit of risk every time she kissed you, or every time she climbed up on your lap so you could hold her.