Eren Yeager - Snowy Days

Summary: Snow falls outside and Eren decides it's a perfect day to stay home and relax.

-

The sunlight shines through the blinds, consequentially awakening you from a deep sleep. You open your eyes and blink a couple of times, trying to adjust your vision to the intrusive shine. Snow falls outside as its shadow covers the walls.

Covers shift around as the person lying next to you turns around, his hair wrapped in a loose bun, a few rebel strains dare to move around his face, almost as if they are dancing. You notice a smile appearing on his lips.

"Good morning." He says, the tone of his voice is low and you can detect how tired he is, but there is an undeniable spark in his eyes that only appears during this time of the year. A groan escapes your lips before shifting your sight towards the window.

"The first snow of the year." You whisper and he nods. His expression is bright as he carefully analyzes the specks of snow that slowly fall to the ground.

"It's about 6 inches deep."

"Already?" you inquire, a little startled.

The silk bed sheets touch his skin carefully, the shape of his body engraved upon them. As he shivers quietly, you finally notice he isn't wearing any clothes. Quickly, you cover his naked body with the blankets that rest upon you.

You lay on your side, facing his figure. Using your right hand, you start tracing his back with your fingers, brushing his skin gently as the two of you watch the gentle snowflakes falling outside. He hums happily while feeling your touch, nuzzling himself against your hand, trying to indulge you to keep touching him.

Smiling at his reaction, you trace the words "I love you" on his back, hoping he would be able to figure them out, but soon realizing he is too immersed in his thoughts to have paid any attention to your gesture.

A sigh escaping your chest, you decide to get up and get ready for the day. Even if it is snowing, work still needs to be done and you can't really escape it. But before you have the chance to get out of bed, Eren wraps his hand around your wrist.

His cold fingers against your warm skin bring chills over your body. You shoot him a gentle look before placing your other hand on top of his. A sad expression taking over his features, almost as if you are breaking his heart into a million pieces.

"Don't leave." He whispers gently. The noticeable bags under his eyes break your heart. Truth is, the world hasn't been so kind to him recently and he has lost the sparkle in his eyes. He hasn't been asking for your attention, so for him to do so, it means he desperately needs you there.

"Ok." You whisper back. There is work to be done, but Eren needs you right now, so you simply slide under the covers again, feeling your nightgown rising above your knees. He nods gently, a smirk barely appearing on his lips.

"Can I give a suggestion?" He asks, his arms now crossed above his pillow, chin resting on his hands as he looks at you. Raising your eyebrows, you nod eagerly.

"I'm all yours for the day." You assure him.

"Turn on the radio and grab a few papers from the desk." Eren says while getting up, not bothering to cover his body. "I'll be right back with a surprise!"

As he leaves the room, confusion takes over your mind but you don't question him. He has never once let you down with his surprises and something tells you today will not be different.

.

You can hear utensils bumping against each other in the kitchen, the smell of fresh toast filling the entire house. While Eren is in the kitchen, you decide to make the bed, trying to do something nice for him.