Marcel Galliard - Liberio's Breeze

Summary: After spending years together in the battlefield, Marcel can't even spend one night without seeing you.

-

The sun in the sky seems brighter than usual and the birds don't stop singing for even a second. Thousands of soldiers exit the train in union, hoping they will be able to make their way home soon, to their families whom they haven't seen in God knows how long.

It's been so many months since you last set foot in your hometown, Liberio. As you step out of the vehicle, the strong smell of smoke and whatever metal they are melting hits you on the nose, reminding you of the several factories that surround the city.

A very excited Gabi rushes past you, yelling from the top of her lungs excitedly, drawing a compassionate giggle out of you, but nothing makes you laugh harder than seeing Colt in such a terrible state, the word hangover written all over his face.

He stumbles forward several times, trying to find his balance with barely any luck until Porco comes along, wrapping the blonde boy's arm over his shoulders and supporting his body up by the waist. Before you can make a joke about the way he's acting, you feel a pair of hands gently pulling your body back in the train.

A squeal leaves your lips as Marcel's body presses you against the wall, not giving you enough space to run away. You glare at him for a second before hitting his chest in a useless attempt to set yourself free.

"You scared me." You say. A smirk hanging from his lips, he tightens his grip on your hips as he brings his mouth closer to yours. Warm breath hitting your skin and, as soon as your lips come together, you suddenly forget that you were even mad at him to begin with.

His body towers over you, head covering the light coming from the small train cabin so all you can pay attention to are the shadows that cover his face and the few loose strands of his brown hair that fall out of place.

Wrapping your arms around his neck, you feel him gently nibbling on your tongue, the smell of his breath and his skin replacing the awful smell from outside and you can't help but smile against his lips. In a second, you feel his tongue exploring your mouth and your knees almost give in, but you are able to pull yourself together.

Before he has time to deepen the kiss even further, you shut your eyes and reluctantly pull away, a thin string of saliva connecting the two of you. Without even looking at him, you know the smile on his face is annoyingly beautiful.

"I'm so happy to be home with you." He whispers while placing his forehead against yours. You sigh, a combination of relief to be home and annoyance for the way he pulled you back in the train.

"Me too." You eventually give in and before you can kiss him yet again, a loud voice enters your ears, destroying the romantic aura surrounding the two of you.

"MARCEL, LET'S GO!" Porco yells, a grunt follows closely behind and you can tell it came from poor Colt. The brown-haired boy rolls his eyes and blows the air in his lungs up, an attempt to move his messy bangs.

"I'll see you later today, Jaws." You say. A gloomy expression takes over his face before he bolts out of the wagon. A slapping sound and a pained reaction coming as soon as he's out of your sight. You let out a laugh before fixing your armband, making your way outside once again and feeling the warm breeze of Liberio that rushes by you.

.

The sound of plates clinking fills the kitchen while a soothing music comes from the radio in the living room. Your dad's loud laugh mixes with your mom's voice as she tells the same joke she's been saying for many years.