Eren Yeager - Life Of The Party

Prompt: "You come here often?"

"Well, I work here. So I think I'd have to say 'yes'."

-

Life as a college student was always hard. Between studying for your exams and working almost every night at the city's most popular bar, you barely have enough energy to spend with your friends and family.

Sometimes, you would catch yourself wondering what life could be like if you just took the time to be yourself, to be one of those girls on the dance floor with no worries on their mind, only focused on keeping the drink in their hands from spilling.

Though, thankfully, your best friends Sasha and Mikasa always have you back. They will have food ready for you when you get home and even sometimes rub your feet, they are amazing friends who would do anything to make sure you are happy and healthy.

You have been working there for months and, in that time, formed bonds with the drunk men who come over to drink their sorrows away. You have more in common with them than you would like to admit but they do know how to start a conversation.

One not so busy night, you watch closely as one of your regulars walks into the bar with a limp. It was safe to say that he had been drinking prior to coming over and you had already decided that you were not going to serve him any alcohol that night, only water.

"Y/N, would you get me the usual?" The drunk man asks, slurring around his words as he attempts to sit on the stool before his foot slips and his head slams against the counter. The wound on his forehead threatens to bleed but you won't give it time.

You rush towards him with a clean towel in hand, pressing it against the injured area. A concerned look on your face while the man laughs his troubles away, not worrying in the slightest about the hit he just took to the head.

"I think you've had enough, Dr Yeager." You say, wrapping the man's arm around your shoulder while your free arm supports his upper body by the waist. He drags his feet, making it harder for you to carry him.

"No, it was nothing." He says before letting out a burp that smells more like beer than all the drinks at the bar. "I'm a doctor, I know I'll be fine."

You reach for the pocket of his jacket, pulling out the keychain with a picture of his wife and his two sons. "Well, I'm not giving this back to you until you have at least sober up a bit but that seems like it will take a while. Why don't you call your oldest son?"

"Zeke? Oh no, we don't really talk." He says and a few tears form in his eyes, "I miss my oldest boy."

Mentally, you curse yourself for bringing the man up. Grisha has told you time and time again about all the awful things he has done to him and how much he regrets it all, so while he cries on the floor hugging your leg, you pick up his phone from the counter and dial his other son.

You can't see his name that shines from the screen due to it being cracked in the most awkward angle but you are able to see his contact picture. His bright green eyes pierce through your heart in a second and you feel an unusual feeling in the pit of your stomach.

He is the most beautiful man you have ever seen.

"Dad, what the fuck?" The sleepy voice on the other end of the call says, clearly disturbed to have been woken up. "It's almost 4am, where the hell are you?"

"Ahmm, is this Dr Yeager's son?" You ask, rubbing the back of your neck with your free hand. Every so often, you will shoot a few glances over at Grisha, who lies on the floor half asleep and half sobbing uncontrollably while whispering his eldest son's name.