Eren Yeager - A Sigh of Relief

Summary: As you go missing during a mission, Eren realizes he might have lost his chance to confess his feelings for you.

-

The river's current gently carries your body towards the center of the forest. Water washes away the blood oozing from your head wound.

You open your eyes to the now setting sunlight shining directly above you. Slowly, you shift your left arm in a manner where it covers your face.

A loud ringing in your ear blocks the song the birds are singing. With your other arm, you touch the soaking wet gear hanging around your waist.

"Fuck." You mumble under your breath. While sliding your fingertips up and down your equipment, you feel a small hole in one of the tanks, a faint smell of gas only confirming your suspicions; There is barely any left.

Looking around for an instant, you realize your blades are nowhere to be found, leaving you completely defenseless against the titans.

A gasp gets caught in your throat as you are reminded of the biggest threat of them all, the monsters who inhabit this forest. You try to sit up, only to be welcomed by a pounding headache.

Placing a hand on your head, you feel the warmth of the blood resting against your fingertips.

"Maybe it's for the best if I wait until the sun goes down." You think to yourself. Truth is you are not certain you have the necessary strength to stand up. So you simply allow yourself to give in to exhaustion and fall asleep right there, against the running water.

.

As the cold night breeze hits your skin, you open your eyes to the bright moon lighting your surroundings. Your wet clothes bring your body temperature down to roughly 87.5 ˚F and you can feel your fingers becoming more and more rigid.

A small cloud of steam leaves your body as you bring your hands towards your now blue lips, trying your hardest to keep them warm.

After lifting your body weight up with the help of your arms, you wrap yourself around your cloak. A few things go through your head at this moment, but the most prominent one is how to stay calm and assess the situation you find yourself in right now.

You dig deep into your brain to remember what direction the walls would be in. From all your training, you realize you should head north. You drop your broken equipment in an attempt to reduce your weight and make yourself faster.

The next step is looking at the sky and finding the North Star. It doesn't take you a minute to find it and start walking in the direction it points you.

"I'll rest during the day and make my way towards the wall during the night." You think to yourself as your boots splash the water around you. Feeling gentle drops of rain against your skin, you quicken your pace. "Hopefully soon."

.

"Please, Commander Erwin, I need to find Y/N!" Eren desperately pleads, seconds away from getting on his knees and begging the tall, blond-haired man for the chance to go looking for you.

A heavy sigh leaves his chest as he places his hand on the boy's shoulder. "I'm sorry Eren, but you know no one could possibly survive all this time by themselves outside the walls."

His green eyes become clouded with the tears he has desperately tried to keep in, but the simple thought of losing you, before he even has the chance to tell you how he feels, is enough to send him into a spiral.

He runs out of the Commander's office clutching his chest. His boots clicking against the floor as he tries to get as farther away as he can, but before he could get too far, Mikasa grabs his arm, pulling him into her room.