Learning to Box (TetsuKiri) Boxing Au pt 1

(Special thanks to Dani for being an amazing beta and helping me get this done)

"Bro I don't know what else to do..." Kirishima sighed, rolling over onto his back as they waited in the grass under a shady tree off to the side of the Doughlightful Bakery for their roommate to get off work.

Bakugo contemplated for a few minutes before speaking up again. "You know the gym we rent a room from has boxing classes. You should try that."

Eijiro Kirishima had been best friends and roommates with Katsuki Bakugo and his girlfriend for years, having met the couple through a mutual pink haired friend, Mina Ashido. More recently Ash had roped the boys into her dance troupe, but despite her best efforts, dancing was not for the heavy footed, rhythm challenged redhead. She was stern but sweet when she'd confronted him about it with a soft 'I'm sorry sweetie but you can still help us with our props' after a few weeks of struggling.

"Boxing?" Kirishima sat up, eyebrows knitted together as he contemplated the suggestion. Could he learn to box? Wasn't boxing a lot like dancing? At least there wouldn't be music he had to try and decipher.

"Yeah, I think you'd be good at it." Bakugo leaned back resting on his hands to look up at the sky. "Got the strength for it, and you can fucking take a punch." he chuckled fondly.

The first few events were held late at night, the locations were as sketchy as the attendees and the stages were small, but an event is an event. More than once Kirishima had protected his group from potential muggers, defending them with nothing more than bare fists and his brick wall of a body. When it came to protecting his friends not even broken noses or split knuckles would deter him.

"BABE!" A short chubby girl with bobbed chestnut hair and large bright brown eyes bounded over to them, crashing into the blond.

"Hey, Cheeks." Bakugo chuckled. He pressed a kiss to the top of her head, taking in the scent of fresh baked goods that always clung to her after work.

Contemplating the whole boxing thing, Kirishima's gaze clung to the lightly rustling leaves above him. His stomach churned at the possibility of making a fool of himself in front of strangers. It was one thing for him to try dancing and flop, all the people in Ash's troup being close friends of his, and it was another thing entirely to flop at a class filled with strangers.

"Ready to head out?" Bakugo lightly tapped Kirishima's leg with his foot to grab the redhead's attention.

"Sure yeah." Kirishima stood up and dusted himself off before fishing the keys of his little truck that barely fit three people in the cab, and only if that third person was Kaminari's size or smaller. It was an old 2005 Mazda truck in his favorite color. Red. He didn't originally see a problem with it having a manual transmission since he was taught how to drive using a manual as a teenager, but neither of his roommates could. So, if they wanted to go anywhere, he was driving at least until Bakugo could save up for a car of his own.

"Can we get food on the way home?" Ochaco beamed brightly

"We fucking have food at the house, I'll cook ya something." Bakugo stood up with his girlfriend wrapped tightly around him like a koala.

"Okay..." She pouted, puffing her cheeks out.

"What? My cooking not good enough for ya?" Bakugo teased, pinching her butt for good measure.

"AH! RUDE!" Laughing, Ochaco smacked Bakugo's back lightly, pressing a kiss to his neck as he walked them to the truck.

"What do you want then babe?" Bakugo pressed a kiss to her temple.

"Can you make curry?" She giggled as he side eyed her.

"Thought you wanted to pick something up?" He placed her in the passenger seat and blew a raspberry into her neck.