Emotions are... complicated... (SeroBaku) pt 1

(Private Request)

Shortly after Bakugo started working at a hero agency he found himself partnered up with Midoriya quite a bit. He was... less than pleased, even more so after a particular drunken escapade... He'd grown a bit so he wasn't quite as explosive toward Midoriya but he didn't like having to confront his complicated feelings every time they'd work together. Ignoring them was much easier when Midoriya just wasn't around. Unfortunately for him Sero noticed the sudden change from almost being able to tolerate Midoriya, back to something closer to resentment, and he wasn't about to let it go till he figured out what was wrong.

"Come on Kacchan it's not that bad!" Midoriya's voice was cheerful as he tried to get his angry Pomeranian of a partner to be in a better mood

"Fuck off Deku." Bakugo was beyond irritated at the situation. He, Sero, and Midoriya were patrolling an event together and he was done with Midoriya's bright and cheery nature. He knew no matter what he said, Midoriya wouldn't ever truly understand his anger at what he'd done and it didn't help that it was hard to talk about in the first place.

"Awe cheer up Kacchan! Maybe if you smile-" Midoriya was cut off by Bakugo grabbing the front of his costume

"I fucking dare you to finish that sentence, nerd." Bakugo growled through grit teeth.

"Sorry, sorry!" Midoriya held up his hands and gave an apologetic smile

"Tch." Bakugo dropped his hands and shoved Midoriya away a bit before plopping down on a bench as the event wrapped up and everyone went home.

"Kacchan..." Midoriya decided since Sero would probably be gone for a few more minutes now was as good a time as any to try and talk to Bakugo.

"Leave me alone, damn it." Bakugo sighed recognizing the tone Midoriya was using. He didn't want to talk about it, especially not with Midoriya.

"Can we please just talk?" Midoriya pleaded softly, he knew he'd messed up, but he'd hoped Bakugo would forgive him. Unfortunately, it didn't seem likely.

"About fucking what?" Bakugo growled, already knowing where the conversation was going to go and wanting none of it.

"Us?" Midoriya stared at the ground as his guilt ate away at him

"No..." Bakugo leaned back gazing at the darkening sky, watching the faint outline of the clouds move across the sky

"Kacchan, I'm sorry." Tears formed in the corners of Midoriya's eyes

"FUCK ALL THE WAY OFF WITH THAT!" Bakugo barked snapping his head forward to glare at Midoriya

"Please can we just talk?" tears streamed down Midoriya's face as he tried to keep his composure

"I said NO!" Bakugo was about to let off an explosion aimed at Midoriya's shoulder when he felt some tape wrap around his arm holding him back

"Okay, now what the fuck is going on between you too?" Sero walked up to the pair, noticing a guilty and remorseful look in Midoriya's eyes and the tear streaks staining his cheeks "A couple months ago everything was fine. Then obviously something happened and now both of you have been acting very differently."

"None of your fucking business Soy Sauce..." Bakugo's voice had significantly less bite than normal. He dropped his shoulders, resting his elbows on his knees as he rested his face in his hands. He didn't want to drag Sero into his mess again. Anytime everything went to shit, Sero was always the one picking up the broken pieces and, for lack of a better metaphor, taping him back together. He was tired of feeling like a burden to his friend.

"Well I'm making it my business, so spill it." Sero sat down next to Bakugo, he was not going to let this go on any longer than he already had. As much as he wanted to give Bakugo his own space to resolve issues on his own, he knew from experience it would only make things worse.