Chapter 81| One Step Closer

Start from the beginning

'Shall we all go back together and I will come back with the police guards for further investigation?' Feng Zhi said as he looked at Wang Lei for further orders.

'You go and get the police guard. I will stay here and look after the crime scene. Take Huang Dewei with you.' Wang Lei said as he ordered him and Feng Zhi nodded his head while Wang Lei looked towards Huang Dewei.

'You go with Feng Zhi back to the palace and rest.' Wang Lei said to Huang Dewei in a soft warm tone as Huang Dewei shook away his head.

'No, I will stay here with you.' Huang Dewei replied as they stares at each other.

'Are you sure?' Wang Lei asked and Huang Dewei nodded his head while Wang Lei looked towards Feng Zhi and signal him to go alone. Feng Zhi bowed down as he greeted them then turned over and walked off. They both stood there outside the house in complete silence.

'Don't worry too much.' Wang Lei said while breaking the silence in a worried tone and Huang Dewei looked towards him as he weakly smile

'He was brutally murdered. Whoever did was inhuman.' Huang Dewei said and Wang Lei just moved and got hold of his warm hand in his cold one as they smile at each other and stood there in complete silence while waiting for Feng Zhi to come back

On the other hand, Feng Zhi returned back to the palace from the back side in blood-filled clothes. Xue Ming who was about to go back to his room after finishing his duty, his gaze fell on him and he stopped. He quickly walked toward him as he stopped in front of Feng Zhi who looked up at him

'What happened to you? Why there is so much blood on your clothes? Are you hurt?' Xue Ming asked worried as he examined his body and Feng Zhi was taken back from his sudden confession. Since their drunken night together, they had not spoken to each other. More like Feng Zhi was avoiding him and completely ignored him. But somehow, Feng Zhi kept thinking about him after that night. Even though he was drunk, he does remember everything from that night and surprisingly he liked everything about that night.

'I am fine. Nothing is wrong with me. I was at a crime scene. Somebody got murdered. I came to get police guards.' Feng Zhi explained and Xue Ming sighed in relived. Feng Zhi just walked passed from him towards the police guarding station, but Xue Ming quickly followed him. Feng Zhi stopped as he looked back toward him.

'Why are you following me?' Feng Zhi asked

'I thought you would need my help.' Xue Ming replied

'No, I do not need your help...just go away from here.' Feng Zhi said as he rejected his help and Xue Ming was hurt whereas Feng Zhi turned over to walk away but Xue Ming stopped him by holding his arm.

'How long you will avoid me?' Xue Ming asked and Feng Zhi turned over towards him.

'I am not avoiding you.' Feng Zhi lied.

'Since that night you are...If you want to pretend it never happens then it will not be possible because we have already crossed the boundaries between us.' Xue Ming said as he reminded him about their night.

'I am not pretending that it never happen I just completely forget about it since it was nothing special.' Feng Zhi replied while lying and Xue Ming was definitely hurt by his response because Xue Ming felt special and was unable to forget about that night. He keep desiring after him and wanted to have him more in his arms...from the softness of his lips to the warmth of his body...he really missed it...he wanted to hold him over and over again.

'I understand...it was probably me who thought that night to be something special and memorable like a fool.' Xue Ming replied heartbroken while Feng Zhi's eyes widen at his words as his heart skipped a beat. Did he think their night was something special, but why? Feng Zhi thought since he flirts a lot and sleeps around a lot...he thought it will be just another meaningly one-night stand for him. That was also the reason why the next morning he woke up, he run away.

'What?' Feng Zhi whispered softly shocked

'I will forget that night and will pretend it never happen as well...but let me help you. You probably will need my help.' Xue Ming said reaching to the decision as they looked at each other then Feng Zhi nodded his head in agreement that he will allow him to help Feng Zhi and they both walked off together.

Huang Dewei was standing while looking outside the window. After seeing today's violent death, Huang Dewei was shaken up. It was not like he had never seen people dying before but as this way, on the other hand, Wang Lei was calm since in wars he had seen worse kinds of deaths. But with Yong's death, rises many questions in both of their minds. How police guard who took a bribe from Ru Qin was buying that many art paintings. It was not possible with Ru Qin's bribe since as much Wang Lei knew, back then Ru Qin was not as rich. He can't afford to bribe him this much that Yong was capable of buying these many art pieces. There was definitely something more that they were missing out on?

Wang Lei sighed as his brain was filled with worried and anxious thoughts when the door of his room chamber was opened and Huang Dewei walked inside. Wang Lei turned over as their eyes met and they stood watching each other. Huang Dewei was disturbed after watching that death and Wang Lei could see through what he was feeling. Wang Lei did not even say anything as he moved and opened his arms while Huang Dewei did not even waste time as he run toward him and jumped inside his arms. He wrapped his legs around his wrist and he hugged him while he felt Wang Lei protected arms around him as well.

'Wang Lei, I can't seem to forget about that dead body handing on the ceiling.' Huang Dewei whispered confessed as he was even fearful to close his eyes because he would see that scene flashing in front of him again.

'Oh my Weiwei...you are very soft.' Huang Dewei heard him as he walked toward his bed and sat down while Huang Dewei was still in his arms. He was sitting in his lap as he made Huang Dewei look at him

'Don't overthink about it...I will handle the rest of the case. Give yourself some time and you will be fine.' Wang Lei softy gave him advice on which Huang Dewei nodded his head. Then Wang Lei moved and made him lay down on the bed and covered him with the blanket. He also lay down next to him as he pulled him in his arms.

'Just have some sleep.' Wang Lei said and Huang Dewei nodded his head as his gaze fell on Wang Lei's painting which still had mud on it...it was the same painting Huang Dewei made for him as a gift but end up throwing it away in the mud...it was still here hanging in his room like it was a precious treasure. Huang Dewei could not help and smile as Wang Lei turned off the lights and they both closed their eyes and soon fell into deep sleep.