Chapter One, Prologue: Altea

It was a normal winter day with snow and wind blowing everywhere. Farmers were tending to their fields and livestock. Women and older children were doing laundry and chores. Young children were playing in the snow.

But this wasn't just any place. Altea was a world of daemons, the benevolent spirits of nature. They lived separately from mortals, who also inhabited the planet.

In the kingdom of Arus, the Alteans were a peaceful people who valued diplomacy, sheltering and helping the weak, and respecting other races. They also had the quintessence crystal, the most powerful artifact of them all.

Everything seemed relatively peaceful on this day, until something happened.

A dark cloud appeared in the sky.

"RUN, HE IS ATTACKING AURS!" Cried a man as he ran through the streets of Aurs, "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES."

Not long after the man cried appeared, the People of Aurs gasped as they spotted a blur of red, flying through the sky. It appeared to be a young man dressed up in a red jumpsuit, appearing to be no older than 18, neither a human nor a beast, born into this world by a chance of fate: a half-daemon, who has learned all about the power that the Crystal had, it too will turn him into a full daemon.

He only had one moniker: Keith, a daemon boy.

Keith flew down to the ground and landed in front of the People of Aurs. He looked at them with his piercing purple eyes and shouted, "Outta my way," his voice booming across the valley. The People of Aurs were startled by his sudden appearance and his loud voice. They looked at each other in confusion, not sure what to do.

Some tried to bind him down with rope nets, but he easily sliced through them with his Knife.

That's when he crashed through the roof of a little shrine, covering his mouth and nose with the sleeve of his jumpsuit to block the smell of incense and sage. Soon, he found it: a Blue, rock-sized crystal, glistening in all its splendor as it hung from a chain rosary...and it was exactly what he came for.

"The quintessence Crystal," said Keith as he went up and snatched it from its pedestal. "Finally...it's all mine!"

"Halt, Daemon boy! Drop the Crystal!" one of the Altean said

Keith turned, only to dodge the many gunshots that were being fired at him. Candles were knocked over from the onslaught, setting the floor ablaze, and thus, Keith jumped out from the hole in the roof he had made his leaving the temple to explode.

"Heh!" he grinned. "See ya later." He then looked down at his prize with a look of triumphant greed. "Finally, a way for me to bring him back!" With that, he ran from the temple grounds, attempting to escape into the forest, but just as he was about to disappear beyond the trees and the mist.

"STOP, KEITH!"

An arrow flew through the air, and just as Keith passed in front of this one giant tree...the projectile pierced through his chest, causing him to grunt in pain, as well as drop the stone. He gasped before he attempted to reach out for it...and yet, his body felt unusually weak.

The Crystal hit the ground while Keith remained pinned to the tree, his arm still outstretched. He then looked up and saw the one who shot him: a woman with long, white hair that was tied back in a bun. She wore a white, blue and pink dress with golden pieces and a light blue cloak with a navy blue shawl, while holding a longbow in her hand.

Her eyes...her eyes were filled with this intense anger and hatred.

"A...Allura?" Keith asked, feeling his strength leaving him...and for some reason, his voice carried the subtle hints of betrayal.

"But, but why? I thought that you, that you," He then sighed as his body soon went limp and his eyes closed.

Once the Alteans seemed at ease, enough, they approached the boy, but they didn't get too close, for fear of his awakening.

"Is,.is he dead?" asked a young man.

"I don't know," said an older man.

"He's not dead." Allura spoke up as she approached the Alteans, leaving a trail of blood behind her blood that was seeping from her right shoulder.

"L-Lady Allura!" cried one of the men as he went to her side.

"The arrow I struck him with has only sealed him," said Allura. "He has now been put in an eternal slumber. He will remain there until his body rots away." She then grunted as she fell to her knees, to the people of Arus' shock and worry. But their problems didn't stop there, there is now a fire caused by the shrine's destruction, surrounding them and their homes.

"Allura." A young man, around the age of 27 or 30 and had a mustache on his face, ran up to her, his right leg was gone, but he used crutches to help him.

"Allura! Are you all right?!" he asked as he sat on his knees.

"Coran," Allura said as she forced herself to smile at the man, gently cupping his face.

"Allura, we must treat your wounds!" cried Coran, his eyes beginning to well up with tears.

"No," Allura answered. "It's too late, I've lost too much blood. I'm not long for this world."

"No!" Coran whimpered as he hugged his friend and younger sister. "Please, Allura! I beg of you, please don't die! Please don't leave me!"

"Coran," Allura said as she gently stroked her foster brother's hair. "I'm very sorry to ask this of you but please carry out this one wish."

"Yes, Allura!" Coran replied.

"The quintessence Crystal," Allura said as she picked it up and looked at the fire. "I am going to burn it along with me, I shall take it with me to the netherworld. This way...it will not fall in evil hands." She then looked at Coran, who sniffled as tears fell from her eyes. "Please, do this for me, please, Coran?"

"Yes," Coran nodded, causing Allura to smile as she gently embraced him.

"Think of you," she praised. "Remember, I love you."

"I love you, too, Allura!" Coran replied, and not long after, Allura, with the last of her straight, walked into the remains of Arus's fire and fell in.

Coran stared wide-eyed in horror at the scene. "A-Allura? ALLURA!". He screamed in grief.

"What did she do!" cried a young man.

"It's too late," said an elderly man, grimly. "She's gone, now."

Coran sobbed quietly as tears fell upon his skin. Despite seeing it with his own leg, he prayed that this was just some horrible nightmare that he'd wake up from and Allura would be at his side...but alas, he was hit with the harsh reality.

As the villagers mourned the loss of the priestess they cherished so dearly, one woman glared up at Keith, whose body remained pinned to the tree with this almost peaceful look on his face.

"I hope you're satisfied, you damn, detestable half-breed!" he shouted. "Lady Allura lost her life because of you! Once your flesh rots away from that tree, I hope you burn in hell where you belong!"

For good measure, she even spit in the boy's face before he turned and followed his fellow Alteans away to prepare Allura's funeral and stop the fire.

Within her final moments, she told herself. "I will take this Crystal to another world". With that, Allura left the mortal coil, taking the quintessence Crystal with her, never to be seen again.

However, she wasn't the only person that was gone on that day, a sudden corpse of a young man that was burned along with Allura.

Following this disaster to days to come of that winter day, but 50 years later and the seasons change, to summer to spring and to fall.

Where in another world in another time like sand and water, time flowed on until a little cry from a newborn baby boy was born and unknown to him in the time, he had a little surprise for him and someone still waiting for him in time in a deep sleep.

This was a story from long ago...from Uncharted territories.