56

Paris wiped her face with her hands as the elevator took them back up to the top floor. She could feel Shamar's eyes piercing the side of her face as they ascended the hospital floors. With only Kelsey standing in between them the space was awkward. She knew that everything he had just witness would be reported back to Shane.

Finally glancing over at him, she looked her brother in law in the eyes. She didn't say anything to him and he didn't say anything to her. The elevator finally came to a stop. Allowing Kelsey and Paris off first, Shamar was the last to exit the elevator.

"What was that about ?" Kelsey asked in a hushed tone, looking over her shoulder to make sure Shamar wasn't close enough to hear them ..

"It's not important .." Paris replied

"Are you gonna tell Shane ?" She asked

Chuckling, Paris shook her head "No, I'll let your husband handle that .."

Walking back into Shane's room Paris began to frown as she watched her husband, now standing up, fully dressed in a grey Nike jogger set. Jessica was on her knees lacing up the fresh pair of white air forces on his feet.

"What are you doing ?" Paris asked

"I'm goin to my moms .." He replied

Sighing, Paris understood but she didn't think that was a good ideas considering he had just woken up.

"We have a doctor on call, we have a couple nurses coming with us, a physical therapist will be coming by for the next week and his surgeon cleared him." Jessica said, reassuringly ..

"You literally just woke up, you're still healing Shane.."  Paris said

"He's been prescribed some Oxy, he can't feel shit at the moment." Jessica said with a smile

Placing her hands on her hips, she watched as Shane made his way over to her. He walked slowly, but he made it to her.

"Can I go home now ?" He asked, looking down into her eyes ..

"Seems like you've got your mind already made up .." Paris replied as Shane smiled at her ..

All of the staff that was working on Shane's floor, were there to tell him goodbye as he left. In the short amount of time that he was actually awake he had managed to win every woman's heart on the floor. He was charming and charismatic like that. People couldn't help but to love him.

Paris thanked them all, while also making sure they were generously tipped for their service. Finally making their way down into the Mercedes Sprinter Van, Shane was exhausted as he let out the recliner on the seat. Shamar and Kelsey in the back row, Paris and Shane in the middle row and Jessica sat in the passenger seat with Solo.

"I told you .." Paris said, looking over at Shane whole was now sweating and trying to catch his breath..

"I'm out of breath, not hurtin.." He said

"Yeah, whatever .. You don't listen" Paris mumbled

"Solo, take me by Marsella's .." Shane said

Maybe it was a woman thing, but all three of them.. Paris, Kelsey and Jessica turned their attention to Shane. Already expecting the attitude and glares, he began to explain ..

"I gave you my word, so let me end it .." Shane said, looking over at Paris ..

"You can't send the bitch a text ?" She asked

Laughing, Shane expected a similar response ..
"I'm ending it Paris .." He said, again ..

Staring him in the eyes, it was plenty she wanted to say to him. But instead she chose not to, she would get her chance but now wasn't the time.