65

Paris sat next to the bathtub as she supervised her and Shane's three year old son's nightly bath. Summer Walker could be heard singing from their bedroom as Paris winded down for the night. Occasionally, smiling at her son as he played in the water Paris' mind was still elsewhere.

She watched as Shane finished getting dressed from across the room. The signature black Tom Ford blazer he had on complimented his toned biceps, and accentuated his Godly physique.

Not to mention every woman in attendance would be able to spot that dick print from underneath the thousand dollar slacks he wore.  All of the expensive fabric in the world wasn't taming the length and authority he had in between his legs.

The fresh haircut was just the icing on the cake. The man looked good enough to eat and the more she watched him the more her insecurities kicked in.

"What ?" Shane asked, his eyes still focused on his reflection in the mirror but he could sense her energy from across the room ..

Hesitant, Paris glanced at their son one last time before walking over to him. "Why did you lie ?" She asked in a hushed tone as she sat on the bathroom counter in front of him

"I didn't lie Paris .." He said

"You didn't tell the truth either, so what's up ?
Why are you keeping her around ?" Paris asked, slightly raising her tone ..

"I wasn't keeping her around, she went to another location which I could personally hire her at so she wouldn't be out of a job .. I was helping her out, that's it .." Grabbing his phone, he was about to leave, hoping the conversation would die right there

"You lied, I told you to fire her !! Not relocate her somewhere you'd still have access to her .. and now you're trying to gaslight me into thinking you really didn't do anything wrong .. like I'm over reacting !! Well, I'm not !! You was on my ass about Xavier, when you've had this bitch technically still on your payroll !!" The more she talked the harder it became to keep her voice down, Paris pushed his hands away as he tried to calm her down ..

"Calm down .." Looking past her, he could tell his son was no longer playing .. His full attention was now on his mom and dad.

"No, you cared enough about her that you wanted to make sure she would be straight without you !!
But I got threatened because of some text messages I never even fuckin replied to !?"

The look of dismay in her eyes as she spoke to him was punishment enough. He was watching the repercussions of his actions play out in front of him. All of the cheating, lying and manipulating was coming back to bite him in the ass. He wanted her to have faith in him but understood completely if she didn't.

Shane never broke eye contact with her as she vented.

"Do you love her ?"  Not hesitating, Paris jumped straight out of the frying pan and into the fire, asking the question she had been tip-toeing around in her head all night.

"No.." He replied, without thought

He answered so fast he almost put her wondering mind at ease .. but her doubts came back just as fast as they disappeared.

"But you did care about her ?" She asked

"Yes.." Admitting it, he wasn't about to make the situation worse with a lie ..

Nodding, Paris turned to head back to their son but Shane grabbed her arm ..

"Paris .. "

"Don't fuckin touch me .." Swiping his phone from his hand, she caused it to tumble across their marble floor .. cracking it in the process ..