Mercy

Everyone's first stop back in Miami was going to be Justine's. It felt surreal. The thought of being without her was heartbreaking. It wasn't supposed to have ended like this.

Shane drove Paris' white Lamborghini Urus while she sat in the passenger seat. It was one of the gifts she had received upon her and Kelsey's release. There was no music playing and to make matters worse, it was raining.

If it wasn't for her mother in law she wouldn't have bothered to return. She needed a vacation. Her and Shane were suppose to have disappeared out of the country for a good month or two, with the family.

There was suppose to be birthday party's, graduations, random bbq's, family vacations etc. and all of those plans included Justine. That's why she went to prison, so after they came home everything would go back to normal. But instead, Paris came back to a different world than she expected.

This world didn't include her mother in law, this world didn't include her husband, this world didn't make sense.

"Why you so quiet ?" Shane asked, breaking the silence.

Looking over at him, Paris shrugged. "No reason.."
She replied with a lie

"Lie again .." He said, keeping his eyes on the road he never looked over at her but he knew her. And he wanted the truth.

She had been his wife long enough to know every facial expression, sigh, eye roll, moan, smirk, he knew everything about her.

Shrugging again, Paris didn't want to tell him the truth. She didn't want to sound soft, but little did she know that very thing she was trying to hide was what he needed . He needed her to be soft, he needed her softness to help him relax. To help him grieve.
But the new Paris wasn't so easily penetrated ..

Her skin was tougher, she wasn't the good girl he had first met. The woman sitting next to to him had seen some shit, had experienced some shit, she had did some shit.

"Talk.." He pressed ..

Licking her lips, Paris sighed from the pressure.
"This isn't the way it was suppose to have been, Shane .." She said, a little bit of the weight she had felt lifted from her chest just a little .. "Me and you .. we wasn't suppose to have ended like this .. you left me for another woman .." She said but was stopped before she could even finish her sentence

"Hold'up, hold' up .. let me stop you right there .. I ain't leave you for no fuckin body .." He replied, unintentionally slowing the truck down ..

He damn near stopped in the middle of traffic, as he looked over at her. "You're now fuckin the same bitch you almost fucked while I was in prison .. same difference !!" She yelled, crossing her arms across her chest she turned her attention back outside

"Marsella was a convenience .. that's it .." Shane replied, while still staying calm ..

"You said the same thing about Ana .." She quickly replied ..

Clenching his jaws together, he knew it was coming.
Even in death, he couldn't escape the bitch.

Women always say the lettin shit go but never do ..
No matter how many times he apologized, no matter what he did. She always brought it back up.

"Have it ever occurred to your ass I'm tellin you the truth ?" He asked, there was now more aggression in his voice ..

The nonchalantness was starting to disappear ..

"No !!" She yelled, turning in her seat towards him .. He had flipped a switch and she was on a roll she wasn't gonna stop now .. She had some stuff to get off her chest ..