Letting Go

Paris couldn't sleep, after her and Jessica called it a night .. They went their separate ways, but Paris was stuck inside her head ..

She went for a swim, she read, she packed, she meditated, she smoked .. she did everything except sleep ..

It was going on 7:00 am when she finally started to get sleepy but by that time it was too late, going downstairs she started breakfast for the kids ..

Paris' had her ways of coping with sadness ..
Cooking, cleaning, sleeping, meditating, music, drinking, and smoking ..

So she rolled up a blunt, instead of liquor she chose to hydrate with water ..

B.S. x Jhené Aiko was playing throughout the house .. And she cleaned while cooking the kids breakfast ..

Chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, sausage, hash browns, grits and mixed fruit was all displayed on the island of their kitchen ..

One by one the kids came downstairs, Paris fixed their plates as they came ..

Paris and Shane had agreed to tell the kids about the divorce before she was to head out of the country ..

And she was expecting him any minute now ..

Not long after SJ made it downstairs, Paris saw Shane's car pull in the yard on camera ..

Only seconds later, Paris heard the foyer door open then close.. a couple minutes later, Shane appeared from around the corner..

All white forces, grey Nike sweats, crisp white Nike tee, and his gold crucifix hung from his neck ..

A platinum rolex on his wrist, with a fresh haircut ..

Paris felt her pussy jump .. Shaking her head, she finished cleaning as he greeted the kids ..

"Can you fix me a plate too ?" He asked, now standing behind her ..

"You know where the plates are.." She replied, her tone dry .. She didn't want to show any emotion nor hostility around the kids .. so she kept her response short and sweet ..

"Last night was the first time I had seen her since I fired her Paris .." He said into her ear .. assuming Marsella was the reason behind her attitude ..

"That's none of my concern .. Shane" She replied then walked away to the table the kids were now sitting at ..

Smirking, Shane got his food and sat down next to Paris .. The room was silent as Paris waited for Shane to say something, but little did she know he was waiting for her ..

"What is it ?" SJ asked, their oldest son could sense the tension in the room ..

"What do you mean ?" Paris asked, confused and caught off guard ..

"Y'all look like y'all got somethin to say .. so say it .." He said .. looking back and forth between his dad and stepmom ..

Sighing, Paris pushed her plate away from her ..
Leave it to SJ to be just like his dad, always reading the room ..

"Your dad and I are getting a divorce .." She blurted out .. wanting to get it out and out of the way ..

Immediately looking at his dad, SJ's face slowly turned angry ..