Fireworks

Shane sat at his mom's bedside as she slept anxiously twisting the diamond wedding band he wore on his left hand. She had a bed full of her grandkids who had fallen asleep next to her and at her feet. But he couldn't take his eyes off of her, the current state she was in was unreal to him. She looked so weak and fragile. That wasn't the woman he knew. Waiting on a miracle, he still hadn't completely gave up. When he was a kid, she always made a way for him no matter the circumstances. This time would be no different in his eyes.

His cell began to vibrate in his pocket. Interrupting his thoughts. Finally breaking his trance he looked at his phone as he pulled it out. It was Solo.

"Sup .." Shane said, watching as his dad entered the room ..

"Turn on the news .." Were the first words out of Solo's mouth..

With no hesitation, he grabbed the remote off of his mom's nightstand and powered on the 65 inch that hung from the wall in front of him.

"How you want me to handle it ?" His cousin asked

Not even knowing what the problem was yet, Shane ignored his question as he navigated his way through the apps on the tv. Just as he clicked the app he needed Solo began giving him the details.

"Paris' truck was found right off the freeway, the truck over with .. I already got a tow truck on the way .." He said

"Fuck that, you go with Paris .. have somebody else handle all of that shit.. I'm on my way .." Shane replied ..

"Bro, Paris wasn't in there !! Somethin happened, it's a whole body by her car. It ain't her but she got somebody. This don't look like an accident. You got two dead bodies out here and one of them was most likely an innocent bystander .. I got MPD on hush right now but if you want this to stay a secret we need to do somethin .. like now .." Solo said..

Stopping in his tracks, Shane frowned .. ignoring most of what his cousin even said "What the fuck you mean she wasn't in there ?!" He asked

"The car was empty .. Paris wasn't in there .. I don't know where she at .." Solo replied

——————————————————————————

Paris' feet was on fire as she ran down the hot Florida road but she couldn't afford to stop. She didn't know what was going on or what their plans were but Paris knew Bethany and her dad were behind it all.

'I should've killed that bitch when I had the chance' Paris mumbled to herself as she struggled to catch her breath ..

Luckily, a sprinter van had bumped her truck into the wall of the freeway, somewhat cushioning the impact of the crash which knocked her unconscious but had the truck not hit her.. the full impact of the crash would've killed her.

It was as she was waking up, a van pulled up next to her and two men with masks hopped out. Her hand instantly went to her Balenciaga bag, forcing herself to wake up to the best of her abilities.

She shot one of them in the head, and the other in the knee.. Her hand shook as she tried to keep herself awake.

There was a short struggle, between her and the 2nd gun man but it was short lived when cars began to pull over on the side of the road.

The driver yelled something in French, and the guy pulled Paris trying to get her in the van.
But he wasn't successful, and just as he had raised his gun to finish her off a bystander walked up to intervene and he shot her. He shot her then hopped back into the van as he gripped his knee to stop the bleeding.

Paris took that opportunity to RUN !

She was sore everywhere, her ankle felt like it was on fire. Her head felt like it was about to explode but she had no other choice but to run anyway. If she wanted to live. Her phone was in her truck somewhere and going back there wasn't an option.