Differences

The first 8 hours of the flight, Paris was knocked out .. Considering she didn't get much rest the night before, she was finally crashing ..

When she finally did wake up, she heard laughter outside of her bedroom door of the plane ..

She was glad that someone was in good spirits .. Even if it wasn't her .. her time was coming ..

Hearing the bedroom door open, Paris rolled to her back and was greeted by her daughter with a smile ..

"About time you woke up .." Skye said, sitting at her moms bedside ..

"How long was I out ?" Sitting up in bed, she scrambled to find her phone ..

"8 1/2 hours .." She said

"Damn .." Paris replied

"Daddy's been calling me, he's looking for you .." She replied ..

"What you tell him ?" Paris asked

"The truth, you were sleep .." She said

Nodding , Paris sighed ..

"Why are you two getting a divorce ?" She asked

Paris expected this exact moment, Her daughter always came to her with any difficult questions involving her dad ..

He was her Superman, and sometimes his actions weren't of the role .. So instead of asking him, she asked her mom .. hoping to avoid the disappointment somehow ..

"Your dad loves me, you, and your brothers .. He's just having a very difficult time with your grandmas health issues .. he's not taking it so well .." Paris said

"So why the divorce ?" Skye asked again, still not satisfied with her moms answer ..

Sighing, Paris really didn't wanna talk about Shane but her daughter deserved some kind of explanation ..

"He feels he has wasted enough of my time attempting to be a better person .. and he doesn't want to do that anymore .." She said, truthfully ..

"Do you feel like he has wasted your time ?" She asked

Staring at her daughter, Paris thought about the answer to that question .. "No, because I got you and your brothers .. and every second being your mother has meant everything to me .. okay ?" She asked

Smiling, Skye nodded her head .. knowing her mom was only telling her what she wanted to hear

"I'm about to freshen up, I'll be out in a minute .." Paris said ..

"Okay" She replied before exiting the room

—————————————————————————

Shane laid in the middle of his king sized bed as he stared at the mirror on his ceiling ..

The bottle of Crown Royal that sat next to him was empty ..

Picking his phone up he dialed Paris' number again ..
Almost expecting her voicemail again, he was surprised when she answered ..

"What do you want ?" She asked, with a sigh ..

He could sense her frustration through the phone ..

"Y'all there yet ?" He asked

"Shane, what do you want ?" She asked

"I'm trying to make sure y'all made it safely .." He said ..

"Shane, this trip is supposed to be for me .. to focus on me and I can't do that with you calling and bugging our daughter or me .. so could you please stop ?" She asked, Shane could hear the hurt in her voice ..