146. Rosalie Hale x Reader

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

You didn't fit in with others your age. You'd grown accustomed to it years ago, as sad as it sounded but things weren't so bad. You enjoyed your own company, your biggest past time reading a good book.

The Cullen's often spent their time during the breaks listening to conversations the humans had around them. It was rare that they found a more obnoxious person such as Jessica who spoke freely like no one could hear her.
"I feel bad for (Y/N), sometimes. They must be very lonely." Angela spoke up.
"No one makes her sit alone." Jessica retorted.
"Jess, you know there's kids here that give (Y/N) a hard time."
"Yeah and it's not right but it's also pretty normal in highschool."
"Jess!"
"I don't mean to sound rude but honestly Angela, there is always a handful of students that get bullied because they don't fit in. It isn't as though people haven't tried to be their friend." Jessica and Angela had tried to convince you to hang out with them but you turn it down each time. "(Y/N)'s a loner and I'm just respecting her decision."
Angela didn't respond but clearly looked bothered by her best friends words. She didn't appreciate how dismissive Jessica was of your situation.

When you sat next to Rosalie in history, the two of you didn't even glance at one another as you sat down. Rose already sitting and ready for the class to begin. She always got into class early, much like the rest of the Cullen's. You scribbled at your notepad aggressively before putting down the pen. "Rosalie, do you have a pen I could borrow? Mine has ran out." You said it so nonchalantly, Rosalie was surprised to hear your voice. You rarely spoke.
Rosalie stayed quiet, casting a glance to you. "...yeah." Rosalie bent down to rummaging into her bag, grabbing another pen and handing it to you, avoiding physical contact. You thanked her before turning your attention back to the notepad.

You only got a couple of peaceful minutes before a paper ball, hurled at your head, landing on your notepad. You both looked up to see two guys from the football team laughing whilst eyeing you. You unravelled the ball to find a rather distasteful message written on the paper. You ignored it, tossing it to the side and another was thrown, close to hitting your head. You didn't bother unravelling it and adding it to the other one. A third was hurled but was immediately caught by Rosalie who snatched it before it could hit you in the face. She threw it back at the boys with a scowl. "Throw anything else in my direction and I'll throw my desk at you." There where a few whistles and cat calls at her warning but it was noted. No one messed with Rosalie.

Even though you both barely spoke even after she discreetly stuck up for you all those months back, the two of you developed a friendship. You were quiet, observant and a good listener. Rosalie needed someone that would listen to her, even when she wasn't saying much. Despite being quiet, you held a very welcoming presence. Rosalie was certain she felt it because she was older than she seemed and you were an old soul. That made you strange or out of place in the eyes of the humans but she knew better. You were intelligent and would likely be more successful than others with such qualities. She learned that you were shy, which was why you rarely talked. It was very endearing and that was probably when Rosalie's feeling grew into something more.

The whole situation got slippery from that point. She tried to ignore it but she was clearly going to need another solution. She asked Carlisle who couldn't really help if she was being honest. She didn't have the heart to cut ties with you since you didn't have anyone else. She couldn't protect you from students if she avoided you. She felt she had to now more than ever, growing worried you would be in danger at any moment. In the heat of her frustration she called your name as you passed, lunch tray in hands as you passed.

You slowed down to look at her.
"Come and sit with us for lunch."
You were about to refuse but she sent you a look that held no room for argument as she caught eyes over your shoulder with a group of boys who were eyeing you. You sat beside her, unaware of the alarmed looks Rosalie's siblings sent her way. She ignored them but you immediately caught on to a tiny detail.
"You guys aren't eating?" You looked uncomfortable that you had voiced such a question but you couldn't help yourself.
"We got let out earlier before the bell rang." Alice said quickly with a smile. Rosalie will still distracted and glaring at the boys on the other side of the room. Jasper chewed at his lip, looking pained. You were about to ask if he was okay before Alice got up and moved to sit in the seat between you both. "I'm Alice, I don't think I've actually introduced myself."
"I'm (Y/N)."
"What class were you just in?"
"Chemistry."
"I chose Biology." Alice smiled. "I did consider chemistry though. What's it like? I'm thinking about switching next year." It was the go to tactic. Distract the human with things she already knew so your mind would be taken off of her mates and sisters bizarre behaviour. Edward twitched and Alice's eyed glazed over as you talked to her about the course content. She snapped out of it to hurriedly say. "(Y/N), get down!" Alice pushed your head down an apple made contact with the wall behind your head. Rosalie immediately stood up and marched towards them as Alice asked you if you were okay. You nodded. "You either have good reflex's or a super power. I didn't see that one coming. Thanks."
Alice couldn't help but think how accurate you really were with your joke. She got a vision of you being hit in the face with the apple just as Edward's look changed to one of disgust when he heard the plan go through the boys minds. He remained silent, looking down at the table. You couldn't tell what Rosalie was saying to them but she most certainly wasn't happy.

A week later you told Rosalie that you had developed feelings for her. Completely ready for her to never speak to you again. Rosalie stayed quiet, looking annoyed. You were about to take it as a rejection and leave her alone but her words surprised you.
"Yes, I do as well." Her eyes flickered to you. "There's something you need to know about me. I have been hiding somethings that only my family know about. If I tell you, you can't tell anyone." You promised her and she told you her dark secret.
At first you were scared, too scared to move. It didn't help when she told you that you couldn't tell anyone or else you'd die. Then she told you more about her diet. It slightly eased the fear but it wasn't enough for you to forget that she could eat you. Surprisingly, you both worked through it and you kept her secret like it was your own.

However, the worst fear was to come four months later. Your relationship had gotten rather serious and Rosalie informed you that her family wanted to properly meet you seeing that you would be a part of the family. Rosalie found it funny how nervous you had grown to meet her family asking silly things like if you could wear jeans. She eventually had to ignore all the questions, tell you to relax and eat something, after that, you'd be good to go. Rosalie and Edward came to collect you, Edward being the driver.
"Don't forget to breathe." Rosalie said looking at you through the rear-view mirror, bringing you back to reality.
"I'm trying." You said meekly. "What if your parents don't like me?"
"I wouldn't worry about that. Esme will love you and Carlisle enjoys company like yours." Rosalie turned to look at you giving you a gracious and reassuring smile. "They are looking forward to meeting you."

Upon arrival, Rosalie took your shaking hand, knowing you were shy as it is and being around her big family wasn't the most comfortable of situations, especially if said family are vampires. Carlisle and Esme, arms looped around one another came into the living room with soft welcoming smiles.
"It's so nice to finally meet you, (Y/N)." Carlisle smiled as Esme broke away from him to grin at you and pull you into a hug- quite possibly the best hug you had ever gotten. Then again, she's had centuries of practice.
"We've been waiting for Rosalie to finally let us meet you as a family." Esme said taking a light grip on your arm, making sure you knew you were welcome.
"It's nice to finally meet you. I've heard so much about you both." You shyly smiled back as Rosalie took hold your free arm, not making eye contact with anyone, just gazing at your face briefly before he gaze dropped your arm.

That night, you and Rosalie headed to the balcony. Hearing about her grim past blew you away. It was sad that none of the Cullen's really had a happy ending to their human life and being immortal, they likely wouldn't have a happy ending to this life either. "You didn't deserve that, and he didn't deserve you."
Rosalie let out a quiet bitter laugh. "I got my revenge on them, picked them off one by one, saved Royce for last."
You didn't want to prod her for details, also a bit uncertain if you really wanted the details. "You know what this means now that I've met your family right?"
"I know but I don't want it to be. I never got the choice to be like this, (Y/N)- none of us did. You do and by wanting this life, you're choosing wrong."
"I'm not." You said quietly which sounded more fatalistic than intended. "I know everything now, if you don't change me, I'm gonna die." Rosalie stayed quiet, thinking it over and you were right. Even if you walked away now, it was too late. "Luckily for us, we have some time. Time for both of us to get used to this." "Thank you for meeting my family, it means a lot. Even if I tried to prolong it." You smiled. "You're welcome, consider us even for that pen you let me borrow." Rosalie cracked a smile. "In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have."
You snorted. "You are absolutely correct. A pen doomed us both!"