60. Sensory Overload (Alec x Reader) 3

https://aquanova99.tumblr.com/

❁❁✧✿✿✧❁❁✧✧❁❁✧✿✿✧❁❁✧✧❁❁✧✿✿✧❁❁

Alec

So you began your sad tale. Y/n listened intently. You debating not being so detailed on what happened but you'd rather not talk about this again. You didn't want to leave room for too many questions. You had learned how to desensitize yourself from the tale. But when people asked questions that made you dig deeper than you wanted to. Might as well tell as much as you remembered, right? Would that scare her off? Nothing had seemed to faze her yet.

You watched for her reactions as best you could with your eyes trained on the wall. You noticed she tried not to stare at you, you appreciated her attempt to make you more comfortable. You told her your story, your whole story. You told her about why people had assumed you were witches. How your gifts had changed when you were burned alive. How your feelings towards the fire formed your gifts. You wanted the pain to go away, Jane wanted everyone to feel how she felt. When you were finished, you exhaled and slumped back into the couch.

Y/n waited after your tale was done.

Ten seconds.

Thirty seconds.

It was almost a minute before she moved her legs from under her and stood up. This was it. You'd said too much. You'd finally scared her away. She stood in front of you. She was going to tell you she was leaving. Suddenly you felt her arms around you.

Wait. What was happening? Was she trying to say goodbye. Good you wished she would get it over with, and you also hoped she wouldn't let go. You put your arms around her slowly.

"I know that was a lot." You said, mentally preparing yourself. "I'll be okay, you don't have to make me feel better before you leave." That came out a little harsher than you intended.

"Alec, respectfully. Shut up." She pulled back to look at you, "I'm not going anywhere."

You had to be hearing things. "W-what?"

Y/n rolled her eyes, "I said I'm not going anywhere." Her gaze softened, "I'm so sorry you had to go through that. And still do. I know it can't be easy, no matter how much you play it off."

Guess you weren't as smooth as you thought you were. "You'll really stay?"

She sighed, "for fucks sake." She leaned in to kiss you. You were completely taken off guard. Your mind wasn't computing, all you knew was that you didn't want her to stop. She pulled away way too soon. "I hope that was enough to convince you." She stood back and began to walk away. You'd been sitting down but your arm reached for hers as if on autopilot.

You pulled her back and kissed her properly. You were glad she didn't pull away. You let go of her arms and pulled her onto your lap.

"I thought you said you weren't big on affection?" She laughed

"I didn't say I wasn't big on it, just that I wasn't used to it."

"Would have fooled me." She gave you another peck on the cheek. "You can set the pace then, I don't want to cross any boundaries. And honestly, I don't really mind either way."

"You don't?"

"Nope!" She jumped off you and held her hand out, you didn't hesitate taking it. "We can go as slow or fast as you like. Same with pda I'm assuming you probably want to keep your serious demeanor outside of this room?"

"I haven't thought about it."

"Well, I'd like to see more of the castle so you should probably figure it out so I don't embarrass you."