110. Intense (Demetri Volturi x Reader)

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

Kiiinda NSFW? Mentions of it atleast.

----

The Volturi guard were very intimidating. Every single one of them. Of course, this was guaranteed. They were selected and this included that exact trait. Intimidation.
Or atleast that was the case for those who were higher ranking. You didn't feel like you had the same edge. You actually only had your motivation and that you were barely out of your newborn stage. It was highly unlikely you'd get very high up the ranks but they must have seen something or you wouldn't have been selected.

Demetri was one of the elite guards. The highest ranking guard. One of four. He, along with Felix- another elite guard- were responsible for training the lower guards. You were with the group that were new starts. The lowest of the lower guards. The group that were temporary and had to prove themselves for a more permanent place in the guard.
Such a task was difficult in itself. What made matters worse was you had the biggest crush on Demetri you had ever had in your life- from what you could remember.
However, he didn't give much interaction with anyone. He was silent and simply watched as Felix mostly barked out the orders. Very few times did Demetri actually say much. The two guards seemed to notice you- the newest and possibly the youngest considering everyone else had their control down for at least a couple of years. You weren't far out of your newborn years.

"You're not long out of being a newborn, correct?" Felix asked, looking you up and down.
You nodded. "Yes, sir." There were a few giggles that you called Felix such a thing but we're quickly silenced when Felix demanded silence. Felix, on the other hand, seemed to appreciate it as he said nothing else. "Well then, you're different to the others. We'll need to test your strength and capabilities."
You nodded, eyes moving to the floor.
"The rest of you are dismissed." Felix turned away as Demetri's eyes ran over your body, moving until he was standing opposite you.

You felt tiny under Demetri's gaze, like you could drown in his stare alone. You were lucky you couldn't blush or didn't have a heartbeat to give you away.
Felix's voice pulled you back to reality. "I want you to try to pin Demetri, do your best. Don't be afraid to hit him hard. He's a big boy and can handle worse." Felix smirked at the blonde. "Just let instinct take over. Be warned. He isn't going to just let you hit him and if he pins you then I'm sure you'll figure out if he was an actual enemy- you'd be done."
Felix turned to Demetri. "Don't actually try to hurt them. We're just testing them. I know what you're like."

Demetri smirked ever so slightly. It gave you the chills. He seemed to enjoy the thought of hurting you.
"I could never hurt such a pretty face." He cooed, the smallest hint of lust in his eyes. "Go ahead, darling."
You were stunned. In complete disbelief that Demetri just flirted with you. A complete opposite behaviour he'd ever have done around other people. He was usually very quiet and reserved. However you were shaken out of your thoughts as you grew aware of Demetri's intense stare. Any humour was gone, he was back to that beautiful, calm expression.

It was clear he wanted to provoke you as he began to circle you. The remains of your newborn senses didn't like that making you hunch over slightly, arms at the ready to claw at him if need be. Yet he stayed neutral, even daring to have his usual posture, straight back with an arm behind his back. The two of you stared each other down. Demetri with much more precision than you. You were barely holding yourself together. Slowly Demetri took a few steps forward. That's when you remembered what was happening around you.
You had to pin Demetri before he pinned you and you were about to just let him- you lashed out suddenly swiping at him. He reeled back but remained composed. Typical, even his dodges were graceful. He began to circle you again and you lashed out again. This time he ducked under your arm. The more you missed the more tense you felt. You lashed out again but with both hands. Demetri dodged one before your other hit his middle. There was a small noise of a grunt as Demetri staggered back a little before straightening.
You tried again, again and again but suddenly Demetri seemed to be just as quick to block. Although adding insult to injury, he only had to move his arms. The rest of him completely unphased.