102. Embry Call - Learning To Trust II

https://misc-oneshots.tumblr.com/

---

It had taken everything in you to trust the pack, it was a hard uphill struggle that you were constantly on the edge of losing. Every time their play fighting got too rough or their voices to loud you'd jump up and spring away from them and it hurt them so much. You could see Embry's heart break a little every time you flinched away from him or Paul's jaw clench with anger any time Jacob spoke to you because in his mind it was Jacob's fault for giving you such a poor introduction to their...lifestyle.

It had torn at rift in the pack, mostly leaving Jacob on his own even though you tried to insist that you would be fine when you got used to it all. Embry felt like he was going insane. You'd not let him touch you since that night in your backyard and a few nights a go they'd caught the scent of leech a few streets from you and it set him on edge. Any Vampire worth their sparkles would be able to smell him and the pack, what if they followed that scent back to you? He'd phased a few times thinking about it.

You were sat at Emily and Sam's place, as seemed the usual now, you'd pushed yourself into the corner of a couch and made polite conversation with the guys with a small, tight smile.
They left you alone as Paul came over and dropped himself down next to you and flopped his arms out of that his hand landed near yours. He's been doing this since you'd found out, so that he could be close to you but only if you were feeling up to it.

You slipped your hand into his and you could see him visibly relax.
"How're you doing Y/N?" He asked and ran his thumb along your knuckles.
"It's hard." You admitted.
"You seem fine with me." Paul answered honestly.
"I'm not shackled to you forever." You mumbled and Paul's head shot up from where it was resting back on the back of the coach.

"What are you talking about?" He asked his brow furrowed in confusion.
You gave him a bored look, "I grew up with these legends Paul, I know I'm stuck with Embry and I've got to give him babies.

Paul sat up straight and gave your hand a squeeze, "No Y/N that's not how it works."
You gave him a bored look, "What part of any of this screams choice?"
Paul leaned forward and pecked a kiss to your forehead, "Leave this to your bestest big brother."
"You're not my brother Paul." You laughed softly as he jumped up and started towards the kitchen, he leaned back over his shoulder laughing, "Yeah I am, you're my lil sister and you'll like it."

When Paul burst into the kitchen he tried not to laugh at Emily, as small as she was in comparison, reaching up to brush Embry's hair to one side in an effort to make him more presentable.
"You need a serious talk with your girl Em." Paul advised as he dropped himself down at the table next to Jared.
"Whats happened ? Is she okay?" Embry panicked almost instantly.
"She's fine, Y/N's just being a bit fatalistic about the imprint. Thinks she needs to be everything for you." Paul explained and Embry's face fell.
He'd convinced you to go out with him, Emily was just fixing his hair and then he planned to take you a walk down the beach and have a picnic that the other imprints had put together for you both. He figured it would be perfect for you, an intimate setting where you could both just properly talk but physical closeness could still be at a minimum to help you stay feeling comfortable. He kissed Emily's cheek in goodbye and hit Paul and Jared in the back of the head as he went to see if you were still up for your picnic.

—-

You'd walked for maybe twenty minutes when Embry broke the thick silence and suggested you both take a seat. You waited patiently as he struggled against the breeze to lay down the picnic blanket on the sand, you couldn't help but giggle at his attempts and it turned into a full laugh when he gave you a playful glare over his shoulder. Damn wolf hearing.