8. Alec Volturi - Anxiety

https://alecvolturiswifeforever.tumblr.com/

Anxiety | A.V x READER

WARNINGS; MAJOR ANXIETY TW

----

ʚɞ

It was a bad day. Your anxiety was playing up again and your tics were getting bad. That's why you were here in the throne room, standing between your mate and his sister. Your head jolted to the side slightly every few minutes and Alec looked down wearily at you before looking straight ahead as the large, oak doors were thrown open and slammed into the walls, Demetri and Felix both holding an arm of the man on trial who thrashed around violently in their tight grasp. The loud noise startled you greatly, your heart skipping a few beats and causing you to grab onto Alec's hand, leaning slightly into him as his thumb brushed across the top of your hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. You zoned out whilst Aro and his brothers spoke in an unknown language, probably Latin, until the next thing you knew the vampire escaped the guards grasps and flung himself at you. The only human in the room. Multiple yells sounded out from guards all around the room and before the vampire could grab you he was dropped onto the ground writhing in pain and your mate pushed you back into the doors behind the thrones.

Your breathing became shallow, you gasped for air as your whole body shook. Alec gripped your shoulders roughly, not rough enough to hurt you but enough to make you look at him. "Shhh, cara mia it's okay, it's okay, i'm here, just breathe" he tried to coax you but your heart was beating faster by the second. Your vision blurred and tears fell from your eyes. Your head jolted side to side and your fingers twitched and you couldn't focus on anything.

"I-i-i c-can't b-b-breathe" you gasped as he shook his head " baby, you can. If you couldn't breathe how would you be speaking to me right now?" he lifted your chin as the tears carried on falling. "come on darling, breathe with me; focus on me" he coaxed even more and as your breathing started to calm down he pulled you into his chest. You buried your face into him, drowning yourself in his scent and he rested his chin on top of your head, rubbing his hand up and down your back soothingly.

The doors you came out of opened as Jane walked out, her eyes softening as she sees you falling asleep in her brothers arms. "Is she okay?" she questioned quietly to which your mate nodded "she'll be fine" he slightly pulled away pulling you up into his arms. "Though she hasn't had a proper nights sleep in days, i'm going to put her to bed, can you inform the masters that i'll be back soon?" he asked her softly and she nodded, giving him a small smile and kissing his cheek.

A FEW HOURS LATER...

You had woken up in your shared bedroom, a note on the table notifying you of where your mate was. You gripped the handle of the door and pulled it open. However before you could even step a foot out you heard yelling back and fourth from two people making you back straight into the room, your anxiety packing up again as your hands shook and voices filled your head. You're shakey hands pulled at your hair and picked at your nails as you sat on the floor at the foot of the bed, eyes wide but blankly staring ahead of you at the wall.

Alec returned moments later to check up on you, only to hear the fast beat of your heart and his bedroom door slightly ajar. Your soft whimpers filled his ears and he instantly pushed the door open fully, coming straight over to you and pulling you up into his arms into bed. He pulled the thick duvet over you and pulled you tightly into his chest. You both stayed like that for a few hours until you were fully calmed down. He was tracing soothing patterns on your arm and you were playing with the buttons on his shirt. You softly sighed making him look down at you, concern and confusion swarming in his eyes. "I'm sorry. " you stated bluntly making him look at you even more confused. "For what, tesoro?" he continued to trace the patterns on your arm.

"Everything. I'm sure someone other than me would have been a better suffice than me as your mate. " you stated sadly. His eyes softened as he saw your insecurities shining through. "Oh sweetheart no, no. I don't want anyone else. I want you, and this is what makes you, you. I promised I would always protect you and if that means being strong for the both of us sometimes then that is what i'll do; you know why?"

You refused to meet his eyes as he nudged you and you finally looked up muttering a small "why?" though it came out extremely quiet. "Because i love you, that's why, and i love all of you. So don't ever think you aren't good enough for me." And as he pulled you into him, kissing the top of your head gently you knew the words he spoke were true.

ʚɞ