80. Playing with Fire (Demetri x Reader) 1

https://aquanova99.tumblr.com/

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

You heard knocking at your door. You checked your phone, two in the morning?? How had you stayed up so late? And who the hell was visiting you at this hour?

You headed to the door. Whoever was knocking was becoming impatient. Anywhere beyond the reservation and opening the door without question could end up badly. You were surprised to find Leah there.

"Y/n. We need your help."

*SLAM*

Nope. Absolutely not. Sam wasn't ready to have another girl in the pack. Leah had proved to be one too many. At least in his mind. Leah was still head over heels for Sam and made effort to try and stick up for you. No one else had met you, and honestly in the end it had been a good thing. You hadn't needed to phase since the confrontation with the two. You'd learned control with out them, you owed them nothing.

"Y/n please. Theres a war coming. We need as many people to testify for the Cullens."

"Not my problem. I'm not part of the pack. Either one."

"You heard about Jacob?"

"You forget Paul's imprint was one of my closest friends. Until Sam found out about that too. Apparently, everyones buddy buddy with the Cullens now."

"The leeches helped us get rid of some of their own kind to protect the reservation. Well—they needed to protect Bella and we all worked together in the end. Whatever, anyways. There are trained vampires to destroy Jacobs imprint. He needs us to be there if a fight breaks out. The blonde one is convinced we just have to be there to testify shes only half leech."

Half vampire? Your hand reached for the doorknob. No. This wasn't your fight.

"Leah, shes useless to us anyway shes never been in a fight." Who was that? Doesn't matter, now you definitely weren't helping.

"Jacob for once in your life, shut up. We need everyone we can get. She had more control than even you when she first phased. If she had the same training we had, she'd be helpful."

"You two need to leave." You said through the door. You remembered why you left in the first place. For the most part the pack had this belief that they could do no wrong. Typical misogynistic assholes. Leah still had hope Sam would come to his senses, even if she had finally left the damage had been done.

After hearing very hushed whispering you heard Jacob come to the door. "Look, I'm sorry. I really need to protect my imprint."

"The child? The very underage child? I am not getting into that. This whole imprinting thing...it's weird. They choose what you are to them right? Yet, none of you accept that they aren't into you. Sam didn't stop chasing Emily, and you wont stop chasing whatever her name is."

"Her name is Renesme." You could practically hear his teeth gritting together, "If she chooses someone else, then so be it."

"Yeah, okay. I've heard about all the kids shifting. You don't need me. I'm not dying for people who would never do the same. Tell little Robitussin sorry on my behalf." You marched back up to your room. You didn't allow yourself to relax until the two were out of sight. It didn't take long for them to disturb you again. This time you couldn't escape. It was both Sams and Jacobs pack this time.

"I'm sorry did I not make myself clear last night?"

"Y/n, I need to apologize. Even if you decide that you don't help. I shouldn't have been so quick to dismiss you. You can still be part of the pack. You always had that right."