9. Alec Volturi - Fear

https://alecvolturiswifeforever.tumblr.com/

Fear | A.V x READER

WARNINGS: mentions of fire, injuries, mentions of death, angst , typos lol 

------

YOUR CHILDHOOD HOME | 1982

It burned. That's all you could feel as the bright flames surrounded you, engulfed you to the point where your senses had dulled. All you could feel was the flames licking at your skin and in that moment you accepted it. You knew you were going to die and if this was it, you didn't want to spend your last moments struggling. Another wooden beam shifted abruptly from above you; you muttered a final sorry to everyone as your knees gave out and you pushed your weak body against the charcoaled wall next to you, head pulling against it and chest heaving for oxygen, however you only let out a ragged, raspy cough as the smoke filled your lungs some more. You didn't know how the fire broke out and you didn't know if any of your family were safe but in that moment your mind was racing now. You made a move to try stand up again but your limbs wouldn't move. It was like those moments when your brain was telling you one thing and you body was doing another. You whimpered against the wall. It burned so bad but you couldn't bring yourself to move anymore. Letting out one last ragged cough your vision went dark. A bright, white light replacing the deep darkness as you moved your hands to shield your sensitive eyes from the blinding rays. This was it. This was what heaven feels like, huh?

However whilst you was stuck in your almost euphoric state, your mind may have been bustling with life though your body lay unconscious on the burnt wood of the house. A cold hand snaked in through the shattered window frame before grabbing your small bicep and pulling you through as gently as possible. Your frail state landed right into the body which owned the hand. Of course it was him. You had ash covering a majority of your limbs, burns all over the skin which was bare though you probably had them on the places which had been covered by your long t-shirt too, the way the flames had danced all over your body had cause fatal injuries.

"Shit, shit shit" he cursed almost silently and if the man beside him hadn't had superhearing as well he probably would never have caught it. "You're not dead, you're not dead, wake up darling, please!" he begged as his hands trembled and his voice cracked - something which the other rarely ever saw happen.

"Fuck!" he growled as the sirens got louder as they led up to the house; closer and closer to the scene.

"We have to get her out of here, Alec, then we can save her. If we stay here then it'll just make us suspicious. You know we can't make them suspicious of us" Demetri was almost yelling at this point and as Alec picked your broken body up from the floor and into the trees he didn't look back.

They ran for about 3 minutes, managing to cover a few miles of the woods before they stopped and placed you on the floor. Your heartbeat had been slowing down by the second and there was only one way to stop it.

"You have to do it now or she'll die! Come on Alec, quickly!"

He leant over you, all his weight on his hands as he leant down to your neck.

"I'm so sorry it had to be this way, please forgive me Y/N, i'm so, so sorry" he whispered desperately pleading in your ear and as he bit into your neck his venom released into your blood stream and the burning started once again.

VOLTERRA, ITALY | CURRENT TIME

You had never been the same since then. You were grateful for your mate saving you, and you knew he did it with no ill-intentions but the memories of that night plagued your head. How quickly it spread and how badly it had burnt. That night a new fear had evoked in you, the fear of the brightly lit flames dancing towards you, pricking your skin like it once had before. At least you and your mate had one thing in common. Fears of fire. Burning to death. It just goes to show that in all of us, sometimes deep and sometimes not, whether you're a sadist or a saint, there is always something to be feared.

ʚɞ