127. Demetri Volturi dealing with a newborn who is out of control

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

Some newborns had it tough in the beginning, it just depended on the person and the situation. You had found it particularly difficult to adjust. You were aware of three things when you woke up.

1) You were exceptionally angry and thirsty.
2) Carlisle had changed you and you were in his home.
3) You were romantically involved with Demetri.

Eventually, Carlisle had realised you needed help and Demetri was the only one who could really offer you any kind of support. Despite your wishes, he wrote to the Volturi, explaining the situation but also warning them of your current hostility towards Demetri for reasons that you didn't even know. It was very likely it was just your newborn nature interfering with your emotions. Either way, you couldn't do this alone and Carlisle couldn't help you.

Your throat was being ripped up from the inside, your mind was going a million miles per hour. You wanted to fight just about every Cullen that came close to you. Renesmee hadn't been visiting in weeks because of you were borderline uncontrollable. Edward or Bella dropped by every so often to visit the Cullens, all the while you wanted to rip out your own hair. You wanted to attack everyone in the house and it was getting more and more difficult not to, your aggression only growing gradually the longer you held it back. You wanted to cry but that would never happen, you did scream a few times just to get some kind of relief. Carlisle had spoken to you about requesting Demetri but you nearly chewed his head off for it. You screamed that you didn't want to see him and that the Volturi don't deal with newborns. Carlisle had seen a lot of suffering, more than he'd liked to have but this was the kind of suffering that he couldn't just stand by and watch. So he contacted them despite your threats and insistent yelling.

"Demetri, Alec, Jane. I'm glad to see you've come." Carlisle said with a smile after opening his door.
"Of course." Jane said stoically. "Anything we can do to help, (Y/N)." Her voice was completely empty which didn't fit her words, it made them seem insincere but Carlisle wouldn't know if that were the case. The three looked up when they heard an ear piercing scream from the top floor but Carlisle was used to the random shrieks. "They do that every so often, they're quite worked up." Carlisle explained.
"I hope you haven't been feeding my dear (Y/N) animal blood, Carlisle." Demetri said as he entered, the twins following behind him. Carlisle shook his head. "No, i've been taking blood bags from the hospital since they woke up. I can't keep doing so, however. Not for long before humans begin to grow suspicious." Demetri nodded."I appreciate the gesture. So, what are we walking in to?" Demetri smiled charmingly, as though he wasn't in for the hell thats above him. "Not much change from my letter, very aggravated. All i can really say is that they're struggling to cope with this life." Carlisle said. "That's somewhat normal for everyone but not to the extent. Its uncommon but not unheard of." Demetri eyed the ceiling. "May I?" Another shrill shriek filled the house. "We will go Carlisle, you need not worry." Jane said.
"We'll handle this." Alec nodded.

The three quietly ascended the stairs. They were aware you knew they were there since they were outside the back door but they didn't want to aggravate you anymore than they already had. Demetri pushed the open door lightly, widening the entry way with the tips of his fingers against the door. Your hands were bunched into your hair as your face scrunched up. it looked painful but you didn't seem to notice. "I told him not to send you!" You yelled.
"Why not, my love?" Demetri asked softly. You didn't respond, starting to pace.
"Can you tell us how you're feeling?" Alec asked.
"I'm angry! I want to kill you all! I'm starving, always. Everything is happening so slowly!"

Demetri took a small step forward and you halted. You snarled viciously, it sounded like a rabid dog.
"I know you don't want to hurt me, (Y/N)." Demetri said slowly. You pressed your hands into your eyes, bending forward slightly a mix of a whimper and a growl escaping your throat. "We can help you, (Y/N). You just have to let us." Demetri said.
"(Y/N), we've seen this before. We can help you." Alec said.
"Come to me, sweetheart. It's alright now. I'm here." Demetri took another step forward.
"It's so loud in here." You whined to yourself, your hands not lifting from your eyes. The three looked at one another. You weren't used to your amplified hearing yet. All of the sounds in the room were overwhelming you to the point you didn't even realise that you had said that out loud. Jane and Alec simultaneously move back slowly and quietly and out of the room, moving to half way down the stairs. They were far enough to calm you down but near enough to interfere if you did attack Demetri. "It's just you and I now, sweetheart. Is that better?" You didn't respond. It hurt Demetri to see you suffer like this. "I'm going to come to you now, alright? Slowly." At first you didn't respond but he heard a muffled hum of confirmation. He did exactly this, he carefully placed a hand softly on your shoulder. You had stiffened so he held his position for a moment, waiting for you to relax. He followed the same procedure with his other hand. Slowly pulled you into him. "Let me see you, beautiful." He mumbled. It took a couple of minutes of gentle prodding to get you to take your hands away from your face. "That's it."

As you moved, you stepped on a floorboard that squeaked under your weight and thats all it took. You let out a snarl and darted for the door, Demetri was quick enough to catch your arms before you could attack the first thing in sight, which would have been the twins. You growled and struggled but his grip on you was strong. He wasn't disheartened in the slightest because he knew that you were strong enough to break his hold and even rip him apart, but you didn't. He pulled your back into his chest whispering into your ear to comfort you as the twins moved to stand in the doorway. He stayed like that and so did the twins waiting for you to settle again. You abruptly stopped struggling when you felt Demetri plant a kiss under your ear. You shut your eyes with his final soft words of comfort. "I'm going to take care of you."