53. Paul Lahote - Point Of Contact

https://misc-oneshots.tumblr.com/

Request: Hi, can you do a twilight imagine where the reader is new to town and one day she's at the beach and Paul sees her and he imprints on her but she's really shy and just the opposite of him so every time he tries to talk to her she makes an excuse to leave and you can choose how it ends. Thank you!
Words: 1,132

----

There he was again. Paul, the ridiculously muscled cheeky faced boy from La Push beach, who been following you around since that first meeting - or rather it felt that way.
Trying to ignore your face flushing, you hid your face back into your book and hoped that he and his friends, who seemed more like a gang really, wouldn't notice you sat at the back of cafe with your book and a drink. You tried to focus on the lines of your book but you found your eyes moving without taking anything in.
Why the hell was your heart beating so fast?

It wasn't like you'd even spoken to him for more than ten minutes but how could you not get flustered while talking to a guy with a real life Greek God bod? Never mind the fact that you tripped over your tongue in normal conversation.

Your hopes of remaining hidden didn't last too long when you heard his naturally loud voice tell his friends to 'stay out of trouble I'm going to say to Y/N' and not a moment later he was sliding into the opposite side of your booth, his flirty grin already firmly in place.
"Hey Y/N, how's it going?" He asked, his voice brimming with interest. Did he use this voice for everyone?
"Good thanks, how're you?" You whispered from behind your book shield. If he thought you were being rude, his smile didn't falter.
"All the better for seeing you." He answered smoothly like his voice didn't make your face burn even hotter. He reached over the table to nudge your book up so that he could read the title but the sudden contact made you jump and drop with a bang on to the table.

"I've got to go, nice to see you." You squeaked, picking your bag up from the seat and high tailing it out of there. Paul tried to catch your wrist, to ask for your number or apologise if he was coming on too strong but you were gone, replaced almost instantly by Jared and Embry.
"So she took one look at your face and ran off, bummer dude." Embry feigned sympathy and bit into his sandwich.
"We always knew that there was going to be that risk." Jared laughed.
"You two don't know shit, I'll get her to talk to me." Paul grumbled and rubbed his hair with one large hand hoping that the familiar action would distract him from his hurt pride.
Jared thought Paul was coming on too strong, he'd spent months having to build up his relationship with Kim and she'd fancied him something rotten. He tried to implore his friend, "Face it Paul she's ran away from you what five times now?"
"I make it six." Embry corrected through a mouthful of food.

"But now I have a reason for her to talk to me." Paul said triumphantly as he leaned back into his chair.
"Go on, spare us the grand reveal. What's your plan?" Jared asked. Paul reached over the table and picked up the book that you'd left on the table in your haste. Now he had his point of contact.

Paul found you somewhere you couldn't escape, at your part time job in the small diner in town. You could already feel the heat threatening your completion when you saw him sat to the counter, turning his stool side to side and waving to you. You stepped over and offered him a shaky but friendly smile, "Good afternoon, what can I get you?"
"It's more what can I get you." He told you, the overly flirtatious nature of his tone had dropped since the last time you spoke to him and now he spoke slowly and quietly as though he was afraid he may scare you away.
"I'm sorry, I don't follow." You managed not to stumble over your words but had been worrying the edge of your work shirt as you spoke and had to remind yourself that you were a work and Paul, no matter how attractive, was a customer. You forced yourself to give him eye contact and were rewarded with his dimpled smile.
He pulled his hidden hand from under the table and put your book on the counter top. You could have jumped for joy when you saw it and in a rush of gratitude you put both of your hands over his large warm one, "Thank you so much!"
All at once you remembered yourself and went to pull your hand away, your usual blush back in place. Paul lightly caught one of your hands and held it softly, with enough space that you could pull away from him if you wanted too, you didn't.

"Small confession, I may have read the first couple of chapters before I brought it back so that I'd have something to talk to you about. Ya know, because you keep running away from me." He joked but despite the embarrassment you felt incredibly touched.
"Sorry, I'm not always great with new people." You explained quietly and glanced around quickly to make sure that no one as waiting to be served and thankfully there wasn't.
"Neither am I, but I'm willing to try to get used to each other." His flirty smirk made a comeback.

You bit your lip, "I would like that. Did you really read some of my book so that we could talk about it?"
Paul nodded, "Yeah, I liked the talking skeleton, he's a badass."
"He just gets sassier, I've got the whole series. Derek Landry is a genius." You gushed over the Skullduggery Pleasant series. Paul ran his thumb over the back of your hand, enjoying the, albeit brief, contact.
Your boss coming into the diner made you pull your hand from Paul's and straighten your back. Paul clicked on quickly when you pulled your notepad from your back pocket and asked him, "So, what can I get you?"
"A burger and coke please. Oh, and your number." He gave you a cheeky wink on the side that your boss wouldn't see and you willed your cheeks to stay calm this time.
"Right away Sir." You gave him a bright smile which was received and reciprocated with earnest.