128. Volturi Leaders - To Become a Volturi

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

"No!" Caius said sharply, his head whipping to Aro. "Never!"
"I cannot say I agree either Aro."
"Do you realize that you're suggesting our mate be a part of the guard!? You may as well put a target on them and send them around the world." Caius scoffed, appalled by the suggestion.
"Come now brothers, there is no need for such dramatics." Aro's tone was cheery, unwavered by the disagreement. Marcus slowly turned in his throne to look at Aro. Marcus was usually passive to what went on around him but right now he seemed very unimpressed. Silently daring Aro to continue the suggestion. Aro did continue. "Well, our dear cara mia has said they'd like to be more involved. I don't believe even Corin will be able to keep then content in a room for a long period of time."
"So you've already agreed to this?" Caius asked.
"I have supported the decision but we did agree to confer with the two of you-"
"My answer is no." Caius said immediately. "You may be reckless enough to put our mate in harm's way but I will not stand for it. (Y/N) is not joining the guard."
Aro turned to Marcus. "And you, brother mine?"
"I do not wish to go against, dear (Y/N) but I can't bring myself to agree brother." Marcus rested his head in his hand. "I find trouble even believing that you're asking me."
"Honestly, Aro, how did you think we'd feel?" Caius' anger just seemed to boil, slowly but surely rising as he silently fumed. "Marcus has already lost a mate before. Not only are you willing to put him in such pain twice, you're also willing to put us through it?" Caius shook his head, returning to his silent fuming.
"Their gifts are useful, magnificent-"
"This is where I interrupt." Caius immediately butted in. "(Y/N) is beautiful in every way. Their gift is remarkable but that does not mean we add them to your collection. You won't do this to my mate. I don't care if you've manipulated them into agreeing."
"(Y/N), is my mate too. Just as much as they are yours and are Marcus'." Aro retorted, his pleasant demeanor fading.
"Not for long, if you continue this stupidity I swear, I will get Chelsea to start abolishing some bonds."
Caius' threat didn't bother Aro, since Aro knew he was the one with the upper hand.

Barely a minute later, you entered the throne room. You were about to greet the three but did a double take when you saw Caius' face.
"Caius, are you okay?" You immediately rushed to him, wrapping an arm around his shoulder.
"There is need to worry, cara mia." Caius said rather stiffly.
"Caius and Marcus have not taken kindly to our conversation that took place earlier." Aro's pleasant tone returned as he informed you.
"You did tell them I wouldn't be leaving the castle, didn't you?" You asked, lightly perching on Caius' knee to give him comfort.
"That doesn't make a difference." Caius said with a stiff jaw.
"Yes it does, sweetheart. It means you'll see me much more often. I'm most likely to be within your sight at all times."
"And if under attack, should I just hope the best? Hope someone hasn't ripped your head off before I am even made aware of such attack?"
"Caius, have a little trust in me, the guard and yourselves. I couldn't be safer."
"You're human." Caius said squeezing your knee slightly to get the point across.
"Well we're talking after I'm changed."
Caius stayed silent.
"Just think about it, hm?" You kissed his forehead, giving a quick rub to one of his shoulders and stood up.
You caught eyes with Marcus and went to his side, taking his hand in both of yours. "I'll speak to you about it later in private." Marcus nodded slowly, doing his best to hide the overwhelming emotions he felt, none of them positive.

You kept your promise, 'sneaking' behind Marcus before moving his hair slightly to expose his neck, planting an innocent kiss before planting another to his cheek.
"You know I don't like you being by yourself, my love." You wrapped your arms around his shoulders from behind. It was the best angle you had since he was sitting on a chair.
He didn't respond, tracing a pattern on your wrist whilst leaning his head into your arm. "Do you want to talk about this now?"
"Want? No. I'll never want to discuss this but it's necessary so I wont be opposed to it."
You huffed that he immediately criticized your word choice but took it lightly. You pulled away, heading towards a sofa.
You patted the seat next to you. "Come and sit with me sweetness."
Marcus sighed and stood before barely a second later he was sitting beside you and staring, waiting for you to speak.
"Tell me what your thinking. I know why you don't want this but I don't know what's been running through your head."
"I'm very fortunate to have found you. I still feel the pain of losing Didyme. I don't know what it would do to me if I lost you too. I don't think I could cope. However, that being said, I don't want to have such control over you."
You took one of his hands and held it in your lap. "You won't be losing me. Ever. If anyone ever tried to separate me from you, they'll wish they never got involved. They'll sing your praises, unable to believe you could handle me day in and day out."
A ghost of a smile appeared on his face. You had to learn to be more observant of the minuscule movements in his face to actually determine his emotions.