30. Invisible (Alec Volturi x Reader)

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

------

The receptionist gasped sharply as a freezing cold hand grabbed her by the back of the neck. Before she could panic, a man with blonde hair greeted her with a warm smile.
She knew immediately he was a vampire, the gold eyes were something she was told to remember. "Forgive me, we don't intend to frighten or harm you. (Y/N) has a very particular gift. It would cause some discomfort if you looked at them. They're behind you now. It's best you keep your eyes on me."
The receptionist nodded as best she could against the right grip of her neck. Although she noticed that it wasn't painful, not like when the guards grabbed her. Whilst the grip was definitely firm, it wasn't uncomfortable.
The man nodded behind her and the force upon her neck lifted. Someone took a step back, presumably this '(Y/N)' he spoke of.
"My name is Carlisle. I'm of the Olympic coven. Aro is an old friend of mine. Might it be possible to see him?" She blinked seemingly trying to remember protocol.
The receptionist picked up the phone, dialling. "C'è qualcuno qui per vedere il Maestro Aro. Dice che il suo nome è Carlisle." There was a pause. "Ce ne sono due, signorina."

You stared the receptionist down from behind her.
You didn't know any Italian. Your only hints were the names Carlisle and this 'Maestro Aro'.
If you had to guess, 'maestro' meant master.
Carlisle nodded at you reassuringly with a soft smile.
The receptionist hung up the phone slowly meeting Carlisle's eyes, clearly nervous. "They ask you wait five minutes. Miss Heidi will tell the masters of your arrival and someone will come to you." Despite nerves, she was excellent at the English language- perhaps one of her strengths for the job.
Carlisle smiled at her. "That's fine. Thank you for your help. Might I ask you look down for a moment so that (Y/N) can pass by?" The receptionist nodded, looking down immediately at her desk. "Thank you, kindly." Carlisle smiled.
You took two steps forward. "Where will I stand?"
Carlisle nodded to the corridor behind the receptionist. "Stand at that corner. That should prepare the guards when they come and you shouldn't bother this lady."

It was Demetri and Jane who had been sent to collect you both.
Carlisle raised his hands, moving forward making the two slow down slightly. "I must warn you that (Y/N) has a very particular gift. Don't be alarmed when you approach."
"Thank you. How very considerate of you to warn us, Carlisle." Jane said, her face void of emotion.
Carlisle nodded. "(Y/N), this is Jane and Demetri."
Whoever Carlisle spoke to, didn't give a response.
Carlisle turned his head towards the corridor beyond the corner.
For Jane and Demetri, who ever this (Y/N) could be was around that corner. "What do I do now Carlisle?" You asked.
"Come out." He said gently.
"What if-" you began but Carlisle cut you off.
"They have been warned, it'll be expected."

Slowly, you emerged.
Immediately Jane and Demetri turned their heads, discomfort barely visible upon their faces. Although they also looked confused as to why this was happening. Every fibre of their being told them not to look, their bodies acting before they could even register it. This must have been what Carlisle was talking about. "How peculiar..." Jane commented.
"How annoying and inconvenient." You corrected.
"Not to worry, it is an obstacle we can take." Demetri said smoothly.
"Follow me." Jane said stoically, turning on her heel.
She couldn't help but notice how that her back was turned she was much calmer.
Carlisle moved forward, guiding you forward. Demetri moving behind you.
You paused. "But Demetri..." You trailed off, aware that not only was he right behind you, he had to look in your direction.
"I'm not looking." Demetri said quietly but stiffly.
"He must be behind you." Jane said flatly.
"It's okay." Carlisle assured you.

When the four of you arrived at an elevator, you bit your lip. Perfect. Trapping the two guards in there with you would torture. It had to be. Yet neither guard said nothing as Jane pressed the button. The doors opened and Jane gestured to the elevator, her gaze away from you entirely.
"Go ahead." She said simply.
Demetri winced sharply as he slipped by you.
"Sorry." You mumbled. Demetri's gaze immediately moved to ceiling as he sucked on his teeth, clearly tense in discomfort.
Carlisle put a hand on your back and steered you inside.
Finally, Jane entered pressing a button again.