140. Alec Volturi - Fire

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

You didn't know how long it had been since the fire started but your whole house was no engulfed in flames as you sat cross legged on your kitchen floor in complete shock. You didn't call anyone but weren't too surprised to see Carlisle, Emmett, Jasper, the Romanians, Benjamin and the Denali's through the hole where your door once was.
"(Y/N)! Get out of there!" Emmett yelled.
You looked up from the surrounding flames. "I didn't meant to..." You said.
"(Y/N)! Get out of there now!" Jasper yelled.
"They warned me about this..." You sobbed. "Alec was worried I'd do something."
"(Y/N)! Listen to me!" Carlisle tried a different approach. "It's not safe for you to be in there!"
"That's the thing Carlisle...fire doesn't hurt me." You put your hand in the closest roaring flame next to you.
"I know! I know, but the house is going to collapse! It isn't stable in there, you have to move!"

In that moment, as though to prove a point, a chunk of the ceiling collapsed in front of you that made you jump. You suddenly understood and had snapped out of your daze. You scrambled to your feet as more of the ceiling above crashed down and blocked your exit. You heard glass shatter around you before locking eyes with Kate from the outside as she lunged and drove her first through the window, shattering it immediately.
You were out of time and knew what you had to do. You took a running start and threw yourself out of the opening Kate had created. You landed on the grass, barely aware of the mild scratches you had from the jagged glass shards remaining of the window. None were deep enough to really draw blood, you were lucky. It was then that you heard sirens. "(Y/N), we need to get you out of here!" You heard Jasper call out but didn't catch who had picked you up.

Carlisle put you down as he locked eyes with Esme who stared wide eyed from inside the Cullen home. She hurried away from the window in a flash as Carlisle pulled you to the house. "Come and I'll see to these wounds."
The others lingered outside but soon dispersed.
"This was very lucky, you barely got a scratch." Carlisle dabbed at the long scratch down your arm. The cotton was mildly tainted with red but as he said, no drops of blood.
"Why are the others here?"
"Visiting Renesmee."

You were surprised by the response considering the Romanians were also there. You could hear the news in downstairs which you had no doubt was reporting the fire. Once you were cleaned up, you found you were correct. Emmett and Jasper were watching the news intently as it reported a house fire and ultimate collapse of the house. Your home was completely destroyed but they were happy to report there was no one in the house when it caught ablaze. However the cause of the fire was still unknown.
"We could smell it." Tanya said to you as Emmett and Jasper acknowledged you with a nod on the sofa.
"I don't even know what happened..." You trailed off.
"Esme is calling Volterra as we speak. She's going to leave a message to let Alec know what happened." Rosalie said, her hands clasped in front of her with a gentle voice.
"More than that, Alec's calling back right now." Alice declared and as such in as the sentence left her mouth, a ringing came from the other room. You heard Esme's heels head down the hall before the ringing stopped.

Later, Carlisle entered the room with Esme. "How are you feeling?"
"Is it bad? Did anyone get hurt?"
"No. We have planted a source of the fire." Esme took a seat beside you.
"(Y/N), you need to tell us what happened." Carlisle joined you both, keeping his voice mellow.
"I don't remember, I was day dreaming. One minute I was staring at a candle that was left in the kitchen, the next, everything was up in flames." You seemed helpless, just as eager for answers as they were.
"Well, you should know that Alec has been in touch. The Volturi would like you to stay with them." Esme put a gentle hand on your shoulder to reassure you. "He's very worried."
You nodded slowly. "I'll go."

Heidi locked eyes with you and beckoned you over with a smile. You were surprised to see her outside when the sun was beaming down but then again, she was completely shaded and the layout of the tour line didn't make it seem unnatural. "It's so good to see you, darling. If you wait in the reception, you'll be seen to once the tour is finished."
You knew what that meant. That meant, you'd be seen to once they'd all ate, reducing the chances of someone taking a bite. You nodded, with a forced smile, uncomfortable to see the long line of oblivious humans gawking and pointing at their surroundings. You opened the door and stepped inside. It was cold, a complete contrast to outside, as well as darker but that wasn't too surprising considering the castles occupants.