22. blood and bone || demetri.v

https://avyannadawn.tumblr.com/

Fandom: Twilight (the old guard au)Paring: Demetri Volturi x Immortal human (female)

----

A groan escaped your mouth as his knife was thrust into your side. You grabbed your side, your hand clutched around the handle of the blade.

You looked up into the eyes of the man you've been on the hunt for. Malcolm McAndrews. Infamous tyrant, heir to the throne of his father's glorious crime empire.

For as long as you'd been alive, you'd dedicated your time to the assassinations of assholes such as him. Taking down people you thought the world would be better off without. It's not as if you're against the murder of people. That would make you a hypocrite. But people who thought that the world belonged underneath them, that people should live in fear and horror under their rein. For that, you could make an exception.

You grinned at him, straightening your back as you ripped the knife out, dropping it to the floor. "That was a mistake," you spoke, your voice heavy with adrenaline.

He took a step back, eyes widening at your closing wound. The skin that was once torn and bloodied had already dried and began to sew itself back together. As if you'd have never been stabbed. "What- what are you?" He stumbled over his words as looked at you in horror.

"Someone who is incredibly pissed." In one swift movement, you had unsheathed your axe, slamming it down into his chest. His eyes widened once more as he looked at you in shock.

He stumbled but you held him up but the blade prodding into his chest. Blood dribbled down from his mouth, gargling sounds ricocheting off the old building walls. You smiled, ripping the blade from him. He fell to the ground in a heap, his eyes glazing over as he stared up to the roof motionlessly.

You wiped the blood from the curves of your axe with the side of Malcolm's jacket. Smiling at Malcolm's body, you straighten your back as you turn to make your way to the doors of the building.

Seven figures stand before you, three up the front while four trailed behind. Your gaze drifts to one of the four who stood behind them, a dirty blond-haired man who seemed to look taken aback. His red eyes are wide with shock, his mouth ajar as he looks you up and down.

"Well what a surprise, now we can't let yo-"

The man in the middle who began to speak was cut off by a man beside him. He let out a breathy laugh as he smirked. This action caused everyone to turn to him, but he paid them no mind. "Y/n?"

You analysed the blond man before you. His shoulder-length hair draped and framed the sides of his face as he stepped forward, red eyes slightly wide as he approached. Your own eyes widened as you laughed. You sheathed your axe before you walked towards him. Everyone around the two of you tensed as you reached him, throwing your arms over his shoulders. You pulled him into a tight embrace. Caius chuckled as he returned your affection. "Caius, you prick. It's been too long, my old friend."

Caius pulled back and scolded only causing your smile to grow bigger. "Always the sensitive one, aren't you? How's Dora?"

He gave you a pointed look, "I'm not sensitive and Athenodora is fine, she misses you but overall she's fine." He spoke so refinedly, his voice calm but filled with the same rage you always knew him to have.

"You proved me wrong Caius." He raised his eyebrows, eyeing you down. "I thought the anger would have faded with age, yet you're still as angry as you were years ago. Given that your eyes were not red. What happened?"

The others watched your interaction with awe and confusion. Never had they seen their master ever be this friendly to anyone besides his mate.

Demetri couldn't keep his eyes off you, his dead heart soaring as he got the confirming nod from Marcus. He had waited centuries for you and to see you conversing with his master, the one who would've cut anyone down if they so looked at him the wrong way made him smile.