144. Alec Volturi - You're Strange but so am I

Start from the beginning

A week later you received your first letter from Alec. He reported that the Volturi were satisfied with the update on Renesmee. It had been a little over twenty four hours since he had returned by the time he got to writing to you. He thanked you for your kindness throughout his visit and enjoyed your company. Aro, once taking Alec's hand, wanted to know more about you. Even though he knew just about everything Alec knew of you. Aro even went to such lengths as showing how pleased he was that Alec had made a friend. He hoped such a bond would be beneficial for both the Volturi and the Cullen's. This lead to Aro welcoming you to Volterra at any time you pleased. However, you smiled at the thought that Alec considered you a friend.

It had been a few months since Alec's visit and he had received another letter from you. He didn't smile but did keep a lingering gaze on the envelope the receptionist handed to him after giving other envelopes to Aro. Aro looked at Alec with a smile. "Is that from (Y/N) Cullen, dear boy?" Alec nodded. He itched to see the contents of your letter. Each having so many bizarre events and odd thoughts that in every response he gave, one statement was consistent. "You're strange, Cullen." He stood by it but craved more and more with every letter sent.
"I wouldn't have thought either of you would have had much to talk about for such constant communication." Caius stared into Alec.
"Caius!" Aro lightly scolded. "(Y/N), is very dear to Alec. You, of all, should be encouraging. Sweet Athenodora is very dear to you after all, even as humans."
"We are mates." Caius shot back. "Our relationship is much more than a friendship."
Aro smiled slyly at Alec. "Only time will tell for this argument."
Before Alec could respond to the implication, Caius' response was immediate. "No. Not with a Cullen." His tone was forceful, slightly aggressive.
"In all due respect, I do not believe that either (Y/N) or myself have such intentions." Alec said keeping emotion out of his tone.
"My boy, no one ever does." Aro smiled.

More months had passed and Alec had out of nowhere requested that he leave to America, receiving a worrying letter from (Y/N). Aro, with Alec's hand in his, agreed that the tone of the letter did seem rather grim and so would allow it. Alec thanked him before taking off without delay. What Aro didn't expect was for Alice Cullen to show up nearly two days later. She claimed to have had a vision of both Alec and (Y/N) and so she thought it only right, as she was in Italy at the time, to let him know. Aro enquired about the letter but Alice had no knowledge of any issues, in fact, they had been recently informed that everything was fine. Aro took Alice's hand and was surprised by the recent vision she had.
The two people were in the shadows but he knew who they were just by the silhouettes. Alec was perched over you on something whilst you were grinning as Alec leaned closer and closer, foreheads touching and still moving closer. The vision faded just as his lips touched yours.

"You-You tricked me?" Alec was in disbelief.
"I had to! You wouldn't have gotten here in time otherwise. Everyone else is out hunting. They won't be around for a while. I saw the opportunity and I took it!" Alec stared at you in disbelief, unable to really comprehend that you schemed such a plan to get him here. "I should have known."
You pulled Alec in the house and continued to almost drag him to your room, giggling as you did so. He barely had enough time to close your bedroom door or the front door for that matter before both of his hands were in each of yours. "You are strange, Cullen." Alec said, his expression of complete bewilderment. "Have you finally gone mad?"
"Never! I just had to make sure the wolves wouldn't see you!" Your giggles turned into laughs and soon enough, Alec couldn't help but chuckle too. "I would say you'd have to be careful though- can't leave a lasting scent and the lights will remain off." You said before hopping over the end of the bed frame to sit on your bed.
"It's fine, I'll remaining standing." Alec said looking around your room. "A bed?"
"More for lounging on rather than sleeping as you can imagine."
"I suppose a chair isn't good enough for you?" Alec raised any eyebrow.
"Beds are much better. See for yourself." You gestured to the bed but Alec shook his head. "Maybe another time."
"Are you judging me, Alec? I see that look in your eyes." You smiled and Alec smirked turning to look at you, moving so that he was centimeters away from the bed frame. Pressing down on his fingers to stay balanced.
"I thought you liked my eyes. I believe your word was 'pretty'."
"Oh yes, you have very pretty eyes." You giggled as Alec leaned forward with his own smile disappearing. You continued to grin, allowing him to invade your personal space, foreheads soon touching.

Your lips touched and the grin fell from your face, just as immersed in the moment as he was. You leaned up ever so slightly to allow Alec better access which he welcomed. Once again you took hold of his hands, simply holding them on your lap the kiss continued. You hoped it would never end now that it had finally happened. Alec broke the kiss but kept his forehead touching yours, his eyes shut and savouring the moment. "Strange, Little Cullen."
He was quiet for a moment before a smile grew on his face. "You're going to get me in trouble. I shouldn't be here."
"Am I worth it?" You grinned.
"You could be... sweet face."
"'Sweet face'? That's a new one."
"Come back with me, (Y/N)." Alec pulled you on to your knees, closer to him.
"Now?" You tilted your head.
"Now, later, anytime. Just...come with me."