112. Jasper Hale - Vampires At War II

Mulai dari awal

It was finally the day with which the Volturi would arrive. Everyone you had invited to fight on your side was there, standing with you in the open field where Jasper had helped train some of the younger vampires. Bella had got into contact with her friends in the tribe and werewolves sat around the outskirts of the woods in hiding, waiting for the chance to fight a vampire and kill it.

"How much longer?" Jasper asked you, holding your hand tightly.

You felt calmness wash over you and smiled. "Only a few more minutes. You should be able to see them here in a second."

Carlisle was standing next to you and Esme beside him. Alice was on the other side of Jasper along with Edward and Bella. Rosalie and Emmett were behind you with the rest of the vampires that had joined you. You felt an overwhelming amount of pride and power because you knew that the Volturi stood no chance.

The atmosphere shifted and you knew what that meant. "They're here."

As you all stood there, watching the cloaked figures walk into the open space one by one, there was an uncomfortable shift in the crowd. The entire Volturi clan and some were all there. You looked at Jasper for help and he smiled at you. "Don't worry, I've got this." He said and a wave of calm spread across your body again. Bella had used her power to enforce and shield around all of you, keeping you safe from Janes powers. You and Edward could hear their thoughts.

"How many are there?" Carlisle asked.

"Maybe eight hundred." Edward said.

You scanned the crowd and felt the numbers rise significantly. "No. Not eight hundred. A thousand." You said in awe as they filed into the wide open field. You weren't sure how this was going to work but you were prepared, and standing next to your family, you knew that nothing could stop you.

You released Jasper's hand and walked forward, turning your head to look at the crowd.

"Look at them." You said. "Look how scared they were to bring a thousand vampires to fight a clan that has done no harm. Do you really want someone like that leading the vampires?"

A wave of anger washed over you before you felt calm again. Jasper smiled at you because he knows that was the response you wanted.

"Good. Now they have one of our own as a captive, thinking that we are going to falter against them." You said, feeling another wave of anger. Alice's eyes widened with pain knowing that her mate was so close yet so far.

"We cannot let them bring us to our knees. If today leads to a fight, then let us fight!" You yelled. The rest of your captured crowd yelled in response and you joined back with Jasper and Carlisle, a smile spread very wide across your face.

--

 After the Volturi had gathered into the field, Alec stepped in front with Felix and Jane, dragging Liam with them. He looked disheveled and tired. His skin was breaking with each wave of pain that Jane sent him.

"Jasper can you do something." You asked. He shook his head.

"Jane's power can push through what I'm capable of. I can try to ease the pain but hers is more mental and mine is more physical." He said.

I looked at my best friend, crouching on the ground. A scream escaped his lips and I heard his sister behind me scream into her brother's chest.

"Don't fret, sister, we will get him back." Alice fiercely declared.

"Father, it's time." I said, taking his hand in mine. We walked with Jasper and Edward, towards Aro and Caius who had already stepped out and started walking. When we were close enough, we stopped and waited for them.