103. Embry Call - Living With The Bond III

Start from the beginning

You laughed, "Yeah, yeah I got it. Bounce? What're you from the 80s?"
She took a playful swing at your arm as you stepped off towards Bella, you called her name to get her attention and she gave you a surprised look at her presence, "I'm just waiting for Edward."
You resisted the urge to tell her that you hadn't asked and that you didn't care – barely. Instead you smiled and kept your tone light, "Do you want to wait with us?"
She glanced behind you at Leah, who was probably glaring but that was her default setting, "I don't think that's a good idea."
You smiled again to try to reassure her, "Leah doesn't mean anything by it, that's just her face. And we both know that she can hear me so she mustn't be very scary if I'm willing to say it."
To her credit Bella attempted a smile before her face fell again, "No, I mean Edward wouldn't like it."

"What's it got to do with him?" You questioned without thinking.
She looked appalled, like you'd slapped her with your question, "He's my boyfriend." She squeaked in indignation.
You shrugged your shoulders at her attitude, "And Embry's my boyfriend but if he tried to tell me where I could go, who I could talk to or what I could do then he'd get a face full of fist. And I'm his imp-" You stopped just short of the word.
Imprint.
You'd not admitted it out loud yet.

But Jacob must have told Bella because she caught the word and her face scrunched in on itself like she'd chewed on a wasp and she pointed at you as she snarled, "Imprint, right? You think that makes you special? Because it doesn't, I'm Edward's blood singer, that's special, that's fate. An imprint is basically just lust, it's nothing special and neither is your boyfriend."

Violence is not the answer.
Don't hit her.
Violence is not the answer.
Don't hit her.
Violence is not the answer.
Don't hit her.

Your inner mantra failed you. All at once you were yanking her towards you by her collar. The shock stunned her and you tightened your grip on her collar and leaned in close to her face, "Do not talk shit about Embry again."

Her panicked breath tickled your face and a thought prickled the back of your mind, that this wasn't you. You weren't a violent person but you couldn't release her if you wanted too, your entire body had seized up and your breath came out ragged. It was a cold hand covering yours that brought you back to life.
Emmett.

His hand gently, incredibly gently given that you knew what strength he really held, unfurled your fingers from her collar and Bella dropped back a couple of steps. He ran his thumb over your hand to let you know that he wasn't mad at you before letting it drop and you let it fall to your side. If it had to be any of the undead army of Forks then you were glad it was Emmett, he was the only one that you liked out of the bunch and before you knew what he was you'd often found yourself talking to him about books in the park. He was incredibly well read for someone who presented themselves as just muscle.
But then you had found out that he was Vampire and chasm had grown between you, one that you both knew was inevitable and one that you couldn't come back from.

You were scared of him now.

He still tried to make you laugh though, and now was no different, "Now why aren't you lovely ladies getting on?"
"She just went mad." Bella snapped, she was pretty brave hiding behind the giants shoulder. Emmett looked over your shoulder than back at you for a moment but you ignored him in case it was a ploy to distract you.
"She was talking shit about Embry!" You snarled, and stepped forward making Bella jump back. Vampire guard or not she needed to stop running her mouth.
"Woah woah woah." Emmett held his hands out to stop you, "Let's take it steady now." He looked over his shoulder to give Bella a look of utter disappointment, "Bella probably didn't understand what she was saying. It's hard to understand a bond if you're not a part of it."

You accepted his answer but made sure to point at Bella, like she had to you, when you answered him, "Fine but the next time she talks about Embry like that she's going to be picking up her teeth. Got it?"
"Got it." He promised and he fixed Bella with another look to keep her mouth shut.