71. Mind Games (Alec Volturi x Reader)

Start from the beginning

That kiss remained a secret, although a happy one. Never to be mentioned around anyone else. Everyone told you to stay away from the twins, that they were dangerous. You probably should have listened.

When another two men who were introduced as Felix and Demetri, met you in the place you were to meet the twins along with them, you knew something wasn't right.
You grew nervous with the feeling as though you had just stepped into a trap. You took a step back, your unease written all over your face.
"Calm down." Alec said as the two twins stepped closer. "We're friends, aren't we?"
"Friends?" You repeated.
"Yes." Alec smiled slightly. "Well, you and I may be a little closer than that." With a small smirk, Alec ran his fingers along his bottom lip.
"We're friends." Jane continued.
"We'd like to take you to meet more friends." Alec continued.
Jane stopped but Alec took a larger step forward, his dark most surrounding you in seconds.
You slumped forward, into Alec's shoulder.
He hummed in amusement. "Well that was a little too easy for my liking."
Felix chuckled.
You had begun to slide of Alec's shoulder but before you could hit the ground Felix scooped you up.

Your eyes snapped open, Alec's mist retracting.
You sat up with a startled gasp. You looked around to see a room that was made of stone and marble. Before you sat three vampires.
"Ah, young (Y/N), you're awake!"
You quickly moved to your feet and in seconds you had the twins to your right, Demetri and Felix stood to your left.
All four had their eyes latched on you for any sudden movements.

The man in the middle descended the stairs to his throne with a gleam in his eyes. "Our sincerest apologies for not making your acquaintance sooner. I'm afraid we had other matters to attend to. Although I hear nothing but good things about you. Our dear Alec, told us so much about you." He stepped closer. "My name is Aro, behind me are my brothers, Marcus and Caius." Aro gestured to each as though this was a friendly introduction.
You, however, were still in the mindset that you had been brought here against your will. That, you wouldn't forget so easily.

Aro's hand locked onto yours. He hummed quietly in amusement.
"There's so much in your mind. It branches out into others. I don't know where to begin. You see, my dear, your mind doesn't seem to work like others. People minds are so easy to read, their thoughts just come to me but for you, cara mia, it appears I must decide where to look."
Your head snapped up. "Get out of my head!" You screamed.
Your fingers wiggled free of Aro's. Your own fingers covering his in a tight grip that was painful. Suddenly Aro couldn't see in your head anymore.
Aro gasped, a sharp pain coursing through his head. His own mind flashing before his eyes and that was when he had realised this was you.
Almost like a filing cabinet, every thought he had ever had, every memory, you rifled through them all quickly. Each tiny detail became agonizing. Aro began to cry out in pain."Get out!"
You didn't, only continuing to poke through his brain. He finally tore his hand free from your grasp, staggering back. Aro couldn't help but look at your hand. Your fingers wiggled slightly, resembling the motion he could imagine someone's fingers would make hunting through a filing cabinet. You glared at him. "Dungeons." Aro seethed. "Take them to the dungeons!"

"Demetri..." Your voice echoed in his mind. "You track the mind. Cling to tenors of people, I see...so many people."
Demetri clenched his jaw, slowing to a stop. "Get out of my head."
"No." You said simply.
Demetri silently cursed himself. He knew he shouldn't have touched you. Yet he did so without thinking and now you had tapped into his head. "That's so bizarre...it's like intangible ropes, pulling you towards everyone."
"You're a parasite! Get out of my head!" Demetri seethed.
You seemed to laugh at this. "You did it to yourself. You can't blame me for what goes on in your head. At the end of the day...I'm in the dungeons." Your voice lowered, becoming more forceful. "You put me here."