Chapter 75| Courtroom, Corruption, And Confession

Start from the beginning

'You should keep your mouth shut if you know nothing...putting you in the high position we all already regretting and you want more poor people working on high positions,' Wang Wei snapped as he was fuming with anger. He always needs a chance to say shit to Huang Dewei and he thinks Huang Dewei stayed quiet because he was scared of him while Huang Dewei do out of respect because he was the father of Wang Lei.

'All, I want is to put more people like me in the positions they deserved and get rid of underserving people who are only here all because of their connections. And that definitely would make people like you uncomfortable.' Huang Dewei snapped as he showed all of them the reality and Wang Wei was surprised over his rudeness since he never behaved like this with him, however, Wang Lei was not surprised at all. He was actually amused and enjoying it. Wang Lei could tell he was really angry and all the anger on Wang Lei, he was taking it out on others.

'Your Majesty, you should say something. He is putting corruption crime on us without a reason. That is a punishable crime?' One of the ministers stood up as he said and Wang Lei looked towards him and then towards Huang Dewei. 

'You want me to punish him?' Wang Lei said as he smirk and Huang Dewei knew what kind of punishment he was thinking about. Huang Dewei angrily bites his lips as he looked away. Huang Dewei was not in the mood of getting another punishment for him. Wang Lei just smile as he looked away back toward the minister as his smile vanished. That was even bigger issue because investigating corruption in the palace was not good for many people.

'What if he gave proof of corruption in the palace?' Wang Lei asked shocking everyone and they all shocked looked at each other. Even Huang Dewei was taken back.

'What?'

'Huang Dewei, that's your next project as my personal royal bodyguard. Find corruption happening in the palace. Find those people for me. Find any type of corruption including bribery, extortion, nepotism, and embezzlement. If you find proof for me in the upcoming three months they will be punished otherwise I will give you punishment.' Wang Lei ordered him and Huang Dewei quickly bodes his head as the whole royal court burst into talking. Half of them were shocked while others were worried and scared regarding their corruption.

'Are you serious Wang Lei?' Are you doing this to take his side?' Wang Wei asked shocked over his son's behaviour. The way he takes Huang Dewei's side was making Wang Wei very uncomfortable.  On the other hand, Xin Ying could not help and felt jealous over the fact that how he takes Huang Dewei's side without realising that Wang Lei actually do a lot for her too. But she was ungrateful and greedy. Always wanted more and more. Most likely wanted what Huang Dewei's had. He was nothing now he was even getting power over these ministers all because of Wang Lei.

'I am not this doing for him. He raised a good point regarding corruption so why not investigate it.' Wang Lei responded back in a calm and authoritative tone and Wang Wei just stayed quiet.

'And regarding the new post of minister, Feng Zhi put out adverts everywhere in Wang Dynasty. Everyone is given the opportunity to apply for it. Whoever will pass an exam will be chosen whoever I will see fit for the job.' Wang Lei gave another order to Feng Zhi and the Royal court burst out into talking again. Wang Lei had been always taking conversational decisions... decisions which no other Emperor had taken before, but since Huang Dewei came into his life,  he had started taking even more extreme decisions. Huang Dewei influence him in a way no one ever has before and had an effect on his decision. Everybody could see that and know that. Hugh rich elites do not like those decisions but poor nation definitely does. Huang Dewei was a blessing for poor as a concubine in their Emperor's life.

'Yes, your Majesty.' Feng Zhi responded as he bowed down

'Anyone got a problem with my decision, you shall speak up now?' Wang Lei asked as he looked at others but everyone knows his decision was made and he was just asking for a sake of asking. There was no point in disagreeing with his decision right now.

'Anything else for today?' Wang Lei asked as he heard no one complaining and Feng Zhi looked up at him and spoke up.

'Your Majesty, the ruler of the Lian Dynasty wanted to meet you. He is an enemy of the Qi ruler however after we rejected the deal with the Qi dynasty. He want to offer and made friends with us.  Before we have been working with Qi Dynasty for many generations hence Lian Dynasty does not want to work with us but now they want to. What do you have to say about that?' Feng Zhi said as he told him an invitation from Lian Dynasty and Wang Lei nodded his head as he thought for a while everyone whispered amongst them again.

'Well, I heard good things about their new ruler. I would like to meet him and discuss.' Wang Lei said after thinking hard for some time.

'Are you sure you want to become friends with them who have been our enemies for generations?' Li Qiang said for the first time spoke up to give his opinion.

'They put their hand towards us first hence I would not want to reject it straight away without giving it a chance.'   Wang Lei replied back as Li Qiang nodded his head and everyone did it today. Wang Wei was not too happy but he said nothing. He knew Wang Lei was not going to listen to him anyway.

'Feng Zhi, arrange a meeting with them.' Wang Lei gave his next order

'Okay. I will arrange the meeting, your Majesty,.He wanted you to come to his dynasty as a guest. What do you say?' Feng Zhi said as he responded

'Check my schedule and do it. I will be free in the coming month.' Wang Lei said as he thought hard and Feng Zhi nodded his head as he responded to him.

'Yes, your Majesty.'

What? no, that's not possible.' Huang Dewei said as he shook away his head and they all looked towards him. Does he see a problem in this meeting? Wang Lei thought like others. For a second, he got worried over Huang Dewei sudden reaction. 

'Why? Is there a problem?' Wang Lei asked curiously and confused.

'Yeah. That means you have to go away on a trip. What I am going to do without you. I can't live that many days without you.' Huang Dewei confessed horrified and panicked thinking about how he will live days without Wang Lei while everyone else was surprised over his confession like this in the court in front of everyone. Wang Lei was surprised as slowly he looked down hiding his smile. Huang Dewei slowly realised what and where he had said and turned red as he looked away embarrassed. Why he was not careful that they were not in their bedroom. Huang Dewei cursed himself as he bite down on his lips. 

'I will take Huang Dewei with me. Feng Zhi arranges for Huang Dewei to go with me as well.' Wang Lei ordered hiding his smile to keep the serious straight face but Feng Zhi could not help and also smile at Huang Dewei's stupidity.

'Yes, your Majesty.' Feng Zhi said as he smiled. Everyone was equally shocked still maybe realising their relationship was indeed emotional and intimate.

'You are his Majesty royal personal bodyguard. You would go with him anyway.' Feng Zhi said as he tease Huang Dewei and Huang Dewei closed his eyes as he turned even redder. What a fool he is?' Huang Dewei thought as he cursed himself.

'Oh yeah, I forget about that.' Huang Dewei whispered to himself not daring to look up at them but he could felt people's surprised gaze on his bold confession. He sounded like a sad and desperate lover.

'Well anything else for me?' Wang Lei said changing the topic looking at everyone seriously as they all looked away from Huang Dewei toward him. He does not want him to get even more embarrassed. Anyway, it was not that was big deal. I mean they were important to each other and everyone knows that so it was no big deal but they were probably more surprised that he confessed it. It was something that should never be said in public like this.

'If there is nothing else then the court for today is finished. You may all leave?' Wang Lei gave orders as he stood up and everyone bowed down to him as they all started leaving the court.