[Chapter 23 part 1] Free - Idia and Torak

"You're overreacting." Lily said. Except for Wise and Hope who were with their instructors, Kate was leading them across the InnerPalace at a rapid, stiff pace. "It's a only service lift."

"I can't believe you never told me." Kate growled without looking back.

Yup, she's upset. It was perfectly understandable. There's what, thirty flights of stairs, up to the RosePalace? That's quite a haul. One which Kate had been making every day. A great injustice has been done.

"I assumed you were aware." Lily rationalized. "Didn't you explore the InnerPalace?"

Kate pivoted, madness in her eyes, "Of course I did! I knew about that locked door. I figured it was a storage room or the likes. How in the world was I supposed to guess what was in there?"

Kate stomped off again. Behind her, Lily had the look of a child who knew she'd screwed up, "I'll admit I blundered... but aren't you exaggerating a little?"

A concerned Silver trailed them both. He has trouble reacting to fury. Lily wasn't helping by downplaying the situation. This lead to him asking, "How many times have you made the trip up and down?" He wants to calculate the underlying harm.

Sadly, Kate simply bristled and accelerated through the fiery wall to the docks. If this was Rose, we'd be sweltering. Astra's airship had arrived overnight and hovered in the wide space. My roots have been safely transplanted. Kate was nearby, staring daggers at a metal door. There it is. When they were unpacking earlier, Wise innocently wondered why they didn't use the elevator. Kate overheard and went ballistic.

"It's sealed so Sarah can't access these docks." Lily explained.

Inside was an small room with a set of double doors. Kate walked in and slammed the button on the wall. As they waited uncomfortably, Lily sighed, "I'll have Fayla update permissions so it'll open for all of you... So, can you calm down already?"

"Eventually, I need time." Kate answered tersely.

"That makes no sense." Silver frowned coldly. If I didn't know better, I'd say he's annoyed. "By letting Kate use this lift, you've merely corrected your error. Do you really expect someone to forget years of suffering because you stop hurting them? That's shameless. You've done nothing to compensate her wasted time and effort."

"And you Kate," Silver hadn't finished. "How can you even consider letting the matter slide with just that? I know better than anyone that, if you don't act angry when you should, people will walk all over you."

Everyone was thrown off-balance. It's rare, but sometimes he really nails it.

"Actually, that's true!" Kate exclaimed. "If you want my forgiveness, you'll have to earn it."

"Fine" Lily grudgingly threw her hands up. "I'll think of something."

Once they exited at the top, Lily winced, "I'll go greet Sarah and let her know ninjas will be crossing the RosePalace. That'll be fun."

"Remember Miki is waiting." Lily added before speeding off.

Kate turned to Silver, "Were you really upset?"

"No, I wasn't." He'd returned to his usual demeanor. "Did I over do it?"

"No, it was perfect." Kate give him a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks for acting angry on my behalf. It made me feel better."

They both look happier. Free shook her head. It's a weird relationship, but maybe there's hope for it.

"Shall we head off?" Free glanced around. We're in the North Wing. The RosePalace was built on an incline, divided in three wings two stories apart. They'd arrived in the South one, the Isle's highest point and Lily's hub of operations. The Central Wing, which housed the gardens and guest quarters, was where events were held. Finally, there was the center of activity, the North Wing. Sarah's office is to the east, overlooking the city.