[Chapter 16 part 3] Silver - Landing in the Rose Palace

...

"Next is that open green area." Kate said. "The North half is the 'Tomb of Legends'. Famous immortals are buried in that park, including memorials for those whose bodies were never recovered. It's where Arther will be buried. I really hope they find the rest of him by then... The south half is Monument Park. It's filled with statues of prominent individuals like the seven heroes."

"Moving on, see the huge sprawling building? That's the Endless Library."

How to describe what I'm looking at? Imagine a toddler playing. To a big ten-story block, he haphazardly glues seven-story blocks and five-story blocks. He then repeats the process, sticking smaller blocks on each additions. It's artistic in a messy-finger-painting way... At least the facades are elaborately crafted in a unified style.

"Chaotic, isn't it? In reality, the layout is irrelevant as the outer form doesn't impact the interior space. All exits lead to the same entrance hall."

"There's the Stone Coliseum, the second most popular destination. Anyone can sign up, but most chose to spectate. Fights go on around the clock. It may be open air, but the weather never reaches inside." We'll experience it first hand tonight.

"Nearby is the Hall of Wonders. It's hidden behind the Pillar from here, which I don't mind. If you care to witness an obscene amount of treasure you can't touch, then feel free to visit. Personally I don't see the point."

The Hall of Wonders was another 'separate space'. Or rather confusingly, a 'separate space' within a 'separate space'. Millennia ago, The HEAVENLY DAO shaped a dimension from the Ether called the 'Celestial Workshop'. It slowly staffed the place by recruiting top tier craftsmen. Aided by the finest tools, they labor to produce 'rewards' to furnish Enera's dungeons. These undistributed 'prizes' accumulated in an immense treasury along with rare bounties collected by the deity.

The Hall of Wonders was the series of glass corridors suspended above the 'Celestial Workshop', allowing a glimpse of the riches below. If lucky, one might even see artisans at work. It sounds entertaining enough.

"Next, around the Hollow ——that's what we call the interior—— is Isle City. It's mostly a large commercial district filled with shops, restaurants, and the likes. Ordinary residents live in the Lower City."

"The Lower City?" Hope asked.

"Ah, sorry." Kate apologizes a lot. "It's the living area built into the rock face of the Hollow. Even further down is the 'Undercity'. As with a lot of places, nicer portions are higher."

"Speaking of upscale, across from us to the right is the rich district." Kate pointed to an area beyond the city obscured by trees. "There are ridiculously gigantic mansions over there. Also, huge gardens, private ports, pools... It's opulent."

"It's strange hearing you say that considering where you live." Free noted.

Kate looked back at the towering pink marble edifice sheepishly, "I can't help it. It's been fifteen years, but I'm still not used to the place." So she's averse to wealth? Silver wondered about her background.

"Anyway, embassies are over there on the opposite end, which isn't by accident. Entertaining dignitaries is what Lily dislikes most."

"On the South side, we have three famous outdoor attractions. There is Calin's Keep, which you can't miss. It's the sinister castle with a dark cloud covering it."

Before Sola, Calin had been considered the greatest villain of all. Another mad necromancer, he'd caused untold deaths with the horrors he'd unleashed. He'd also earned the HEAVENLY DAO's respect in the process. So when humanity was on the verge of bringing him to justice, the whimsical deity saved his life by drafting him into service. As its agent, Calin was tasked with deploying traps and beasts in its dungeons. Adventurers curse his name to this day.