25. with our hands tied || demetri.v

Start from the beginning

The giant grinned, eyes trained on you as he sped forward, lunging towards you. His hands went to clasp around your throat, catching nothing but air as he stumbled. You straightened, now standing behind him, eyebrow quirked as you analysed the brute before you.

The guards turned to face the blond, who stood idly watching with a smug smile. "How did she do that?" Demetri spoke, voice perplexed as he watched you and the giant circle each other. The two of you dancing around one another, a routine is set of him lunging towards you and you suddenly disappeared. "No one knows. She was brought in one night during feeding time and no one could catch her. So we chucked her in the ring to see what would happen, you know? If she ain't gonna be food, she might as well be entertainment, but she killed him. The vampire she fought, she killed him. She doesn't speak either, so no one knows where she came from or who she is or how she is what she is."

You stepped back, raising your hands to your hips, pulling out two sticks. Gripping each one tightly in your hands, you thrust them forward, shaking them out. Blades extended, thick onyx blades glinting under the bright lights directed towards the ring.

Demetri stepped forward, hand resting on the glass separating him from you. He could feel Felix's, Janes, and Alec's eyes on him, but he didn't care, he almost felt sick. He didn't even know your name and yet here he was, watching you. The bond that hadn't even been solidified between the two of you made him weak in the knees as he witnessed the giant glare down at you.

As swift as lightning, his hand shot out once more. You raised the blade effortlessly, unblinking as you cleaved his wrist right off his arm. The sounds of metal clashing and his shriek of pain sounded off the walls within a whirlwind of praises from the other vampires crowding you.

With a thud, his hand landed beside you, his wide eyes shifting from his dismembered hand to you. Disgust filled every feature of his face as he rose from the knee he knelt on, face now contorted with rage.

Demetri was taken aback. Never had he ever seen a human match the speed and reflexes of a vampire. And to do it so stoically? You could've given Jane a run for her money. Demetri grinned at the thought as he started to relax. "She's good isn't she?"

He turned to the blond, whose eyes were trained on Demetri. Demetri nodded once, eyes turning back to you still. "Yes, and after this fight, she will be coming with us."

"That'll cost you, bud." He said, smirking as he nodded to you. "But hush now, it seems she's done playing."

You were indeed done playing. Your usual routine of dancing around your opponent had come to an end as you stepped forward. The giant seemed to know what was to go down, initiating the first attack in defence. His foot stuck out, striking you at your knee.

Your leg gave out, leg bending as you crumbled to your knee. He took his chance, pouncing upon you like a cat. You pivoted on your knee, spinning slightly as you angled yourself to the side of him as he came rushing to you. Your sword tilted down to his leg, and just like his hand, it cut through so smoothly. It was like a knife to butter.

As he stumbled to the floor, your other sword glinted as it struck. The crowd going utterly silent as it pierced right through the back of his head and pinning him to the floor.

You rose, walking slowly to him, he, himself too stunned to move. With a foot pressed to the middle of his shoulder blades, you ripped the sword out of the floor, twisting it to the side. The sounds of metal screeching as it came free, his head now proudly displayed on the end.

Demetri was utterly stunned, mouth partly agape as he watched you walk out through the now risen gate, swords and head still in hand. The body left in the middle of the ring suddenly burst into flames, crowds now cheering and roaring.

"That's that. I don't truly think giving some vampires a little entertainment is a crime now, is it? And as for the girl, if you want her, you have to buy her." Everyone's head snapped to the blond. His evident smugness was exceedingly more annoying than Aros and that was saying something.

"No. We aren't paying for her. She is to come with us." Felix was the one who spoke. His shoulder straightening as he looked down at him. "No, no. That's not ho-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Felix tugged his head off. The blond's body fell limp to the ground before Demetri and the twins. Felix tucked the head under his arms, carrying it like a basketball. "Go get your mate, D. We shall meet you outside."

Demetri followed your tenor, speeding through the winding corridors. He abruptly stopped in front of a lone door, your tenor from behind it beckoning to him. His hand slightly trembled as he knocked upon it.

He concentrated on your mind, feeling the warmth of it move closer before it suddenly disappeared. His head shot to the side, sensing somebody's presence beside him. And there you stood, both blades raised on either side of his neck.