14. Sam Uley - Control

Start from the beginning

You glance around and noticed the back staring back at you, some were even whispering to each other. You jumped off him as he began to get up, wincing and rubbing his head.

"I-I'm sorry." Was all you could say. "I couldn't-" Everything around you seemed like it was spinning and you couldn't take it anymore, you needed to get away. You didn''t waste another second to run away.

—-

You went to your secret get-away spot. It was as a short waterfall that spilled into a beautiful bluish-green pond, the dark rocks were covered in viridescent moss while leaves and branches secluded the area. It was very tranquil, it was the first place you went when you were changed. It was like a little safe space for you.

You sat at the edge of the small pond while you slipped off your shoes, dipping you ice cold feet into the equally cold water. You stare at the falling water as the scene that happened moments ago kept replaying through your mind. You hurt your mate. You hurt the most important person in your life because you were a cold-blooded freak who can't control their thirst.

You cringe at yourself. Your hands cover your face as you squeeze your eyes shut, you just wanted to cry but you couldn't; it felt like the guilt was trying to tear you up from the inside out. You weren't sure if you could ever go back to the pack.

Your head snapped up when you heard a twig snap behind you. You would of pounced whoever or whatever snuck behind you if you hadn't of picked up the familiar scent of Sam. You looked behind you and their stood Sam in his gigantic, black wolf form. He dipped his head as his eyes bore into you, asking to approach you.

"I don't know why you're here, Sam." You speak under your breath but you knew he would be able to hear you. You feel the air get warmer and hear his body shift as you looked back towards the waterfall.

"I came to get you." He said as he sat next to you, you can feel the heat radiate off his copper skin.

"Why? I hurt you-"

"More like you knocked the wind out of me. You didn't hurt me, (Y/N)." He reassured, which made you feel some-what better.

"I'm sorry. It just seemed like everything was trying to irritate me and it didn't help that my thirst for blood was at an all time high. It must suck having a vampire as an imprint."

"Not really, you're pretty awesome for a vampire." He smiled and pulled you close to his body, you'd probably blush if you were still human.

"And you're pretty cool for a wolf." You chuckled and let yourself relax against his extremely warm body.

"There's a beautiful smile. We should probably get back the others are worried."

"Worried? That I might attack someone else?"

"Worried for your safety. They are all asking if you are alright and Seth wants to play some Mario Kart with you to make you feel better." He chuckled and stared down at you with his warm earth brown eyes. "Even Leah is asking if you're fine."

"Can't you just... think to them I am fine?" You ask while wrapping your arms around his waist, snuggling your cold cheek against his firm peck. "I kind of like having you here with me at my secret spot. It helps calm my nerves."

"I wouldn't mind a break from the others for just a moment." He leaned his head down and you looked up to him, your chill lips and his warm ones meet for sweet kiss, your hunger seemingly died down.

"Want to wade in the water?" You didn't wait for an answer. You got up from his hold and start wading towards the deepest part of the pond, which only reached your knees. Sam laughed as he stood up, joining you in the middle. You give him a mischievous look which he caught a second too late before you splashed him with the cold water.

"Now that's not fair!" He grinned and gave you a big splash of water.

"Life ain't fair pretty boy." Sam rolled his eyes and took you in arms as he started kissing your face in random places, making you giggle and try to move your face away from his kissing attack.

-

After some time of just messing around the water, it was time for you both to return home.

"Want to race home?" You ask with a child-like grin.

"Better not get upset when I beat you." He shifted into his wolf form and the both of you took off, using your full speed. Nobody was in the lead, you both just ran alongside each other like the race was forgotten. You kept a smile on your face as you glanced to Sam and you could tell he was smiling too when he glanced at you. The wind whipped through your hair and his fur, you felt free at last.