𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔-𝙎𝙄𝙓

"She didn't want love, she wanted to be love- and that was entirely different"
-Atticus-

"Maya, let me take you home" Derek urges as he kneels beside Maya who sits at her desk, multiple case files and papers flooding the desk to where you can barely see the color

"Maya, let me take you home" Derek urges as he kneels beside Maya who sits at her desk, multiple case files and papers flooding the desk to where you can barely see the color. "I told you, I want to stay" Maya states as she looks to Derek who shakes his head sadly.

"You can't let this take over you. You've been here for 2 days" Derek states and Maya rolls her eyes before looking back down at her papers she has spread out all of her desk.

"I can't leave" Maya says softly, starting to choke up on her words. "I can't leave you here alone" Derek argues while Maya depends he should. "My brother is out there somewhere and he's been watching me for months" Maya says as she looks to Derek who desperately wants her to come with him so he can take her home but Maya refuses. She refuses to let this case be tossed aside and thrown to the bottom of some pile.

"Hiding out in here isn't doing anyone any good" Derek declares and Maya scoffs before she slams one of the case files closed and walks over to the box, she got it from and puts it in its directed place.

"I'm not hiding. I'm doing what everyone else around won't and that's find my brother" Maya states before Derek grabs both of her hands and forces her to look at him. "I care about you, and I don't want to see this take over your life, Maya" Derek states, his eyebrows curling up with concern.

"Then don't" Maya says softly, a tear rolling down her cheer without her permission. "It's already taken over my life, so, if you don't want to stand here and watch, leave" Maya states before she slowly slips her hands away from Derek feeling a hole being ripped into her chest as she does so.

She hears Derek walk away and as the footsteps get farther away, Maya throws off the pen and pencils that were in a cup on her desk. She leans up against her desk, sobbing uncontrollably since nobody was around.

The crying died down and wiped her cheeks that were starting to turn red due to cry she let out. Maya bent down, picking up the pen and pencils before sitting back down at her desk and looking through all the information she has in front of her, trying desperately to forget her breakdown she had just a couple seconds ago.

"Wakey wakey" Rossi says as Maya jerks awake due to the sound of her voice. Maya looks out the large windows in the room and notices that it's still dark outside and she must've fell asleep while she was looking at information.

"It's like 2am" Maya states, rubbing her eyes. "I told you to go home 2 days ago, Agent Regan" Strauss says as she comes up beside Rossi, setting a cup of coffee down in front of Maya.

"Yeah, I didn't listen" Maya states honestly as she stretches her arms and stands to her feet before looking around at the office and seeing no one but Strauss and Rossi. "Where is everybody else?" Maya wonders.