𝙎𝙄𝙓

"I have no fear of change as such and, on the other hand, no liking for it merely for its own sake"
-Robert Moses-

"Oh, so you made it on time" Derek states as he walks beside Maya who starts walking towards the office since Hotch called a meeting early in the morning

"Oh, so you made it on time" Derek states as he walks beside Maya who starts walking towards the office since Hotch called a meeting early in the morning. "I always make it on time" Maya states coldly as the ponytail sways every time she walks. "Somebody's snappy" Derek says as he hands the second coffee in his hand to Maya.

Maya chuckles and takes a sip of the coffee before they both enter the round table and take a seat but neither Garcia nor Hotch have arrived yet.

"Anybody know what's going on?" Maya asks as she and Derek take a seat at the same time, leaning forward in their seats anxiously. "No idea" Rossi answers as he scrolls on the tablet in front of him, waiting patiently and that's when Garcia enters and adjusts her glasses.

"Where's Hotch?" Garcia asks but everyone shrugs their shoulders. "I didn't get a file sent to me. Did the case go directly to him?" Garcia wonders as she sets down her things, waiting desperately for an answer and Maya could tell Garcia was getting more and more nervous so it was obvious she didn't like change and a sudden switch in schedule especially when it came to her job.

Indeed, the rest of the team notes Hotch hasn't called a meeting this early in the morning in years. "What was the last meeting about?" Maya asks. "Gideon left" Reid answers and Garcia looks around frantically. "Who's leaving?" She wonders and Maya looks around the room, but no one looks guilty in anyway which makes her wonder what the problem could possibly be.

"Nobody" Derek states reassuringly as he looks around the room.

Moments later, Hotch arrives, and it seems urgent, but he doesn't reveal the meaning for the meeting right away. "I appreciate you guys coming in so early" Hotch thanks while everyone wonders what's going on. Turns out the FBI is facing budget issues and encouraging employees to consider other options. "All I ask is that if you are contacted by another division, you let me know," Hotch says.

"Oh, and we got a handful of victims missing. We need to act fast." Hotch concludes, prompting he will explain more on the jet and Maya looks over at Derek, knowing this must be urgent.

_____

As the team gathered on the jet, Garcia over the video call, the atmosphere was tense with anticipation. Maya Regan's focused expression was evident as she sifted through the case files, the team ready to discuss the recent developments in the multiple missing girl cases that had gripped their attention.

Hotch, as always, started the conversation with a directness that commanded attention. "Let's go over what we know so far," he began, his voice steady and authoritative. "We have multiple missing girls, all seemingly unrelated but with a common thread of vulnerability."