𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔

"You can copy all you want, you will always be one step behind"
-Unknown-

"You can copy all you want, you will always be one step behind" -Unknown-

"A row house in DuPont Circle" Maya repeats what Emily said. Emily is thinking of buying a house, but she acts as if she's afraid to get it. "Orthophoria- fear of owning personal property" Reid states making Maya burst out into laughter.

"There's no way that's a real thing but it sums up this situation perfectly" Maya says as she pats Emily on the shoulders.

"What? Maya, what about your house? You weren't scared to buy it?" Emily asks, trying to find someone who connects with her. "No, it's a 2 bedroom house downtown and it was right in my budget" Maya says. "You are talking about a property that weighs 300 tons" Maya states.

"Actually, depending on materials used, square footage, and horizontal versus vertical construction, the average house only weighs 60 tons" Reid states. "See?" Maya questions making Emily scoff jokingly.

"I feel like as a bird already" Emily jokes as her, Maya, JJ, Reid and Garcia enter the conference room to discuss the new case.

It turns out the icepick stabbing of a blonde woman, Cara Smith, was the executed man, Garret, M.O., so they likely have a copycat on their hands or someone creating doubt the right person was executed.

"In Garret's case there was no doubt. His guilt was the slam dunk of all slam dunks" Rossi states.

"He even led the police to where he buried two of his victims" Reid informs making Maya raise her eyebrows in shock. "Garret killed 25 women before he was even caught so, if we got a copy cat, the body counts just started" Maya concludes.

Will the team make it to Oklahoma in time to stop him from killing again?

_____

On the plane things get a little crazy. The team learns that the killer's last words were quoting the Arabian Nights, which isn't that odd, other than the killer's lack of sophistication. If this guy was so unsophisticated, how did he managed to murder 25 low-risk victims before being caught?

Low risk, because the new victim was a clean-living college student, which the team announces fits the original killer's profile.

Here's the crazier part, the next kill happened at noon, just six hours after the last murder. So the killer ran right from one victim to the next? "He's on rampage" Maya mumbles as she takes a look at the recent crime photos while Hotch assigns everyone a job, putting Maya and Morgan together to go to the prison.

"You two make a good team" Hotch adds before he takes a seat. Maya and Derek look over to each other, a smile forming on both of their faces before they look away from each other. Little did they know, the rest of the team noticed it too.