𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

"Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten"
-David Ogden Stiers-

"Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten"-David Ogden Stiers-

RING RING RING

"Ugh" Maya groans as she awakes from her sleep. She rubs eyes and opens them slowly. Her vision is blurry but when it becomes clear she sees Derek next to her on her couch. "Oh, you're still here?" Maya asks before letting out a yawn. Derek came over to Mayas because he needed help with some case files but instead of working on the case files him and Maya drank wine and talked... all night.

It was such a normal night that the two ended up falling asleep. "Is that your phone?" Derek asks as he sits up on the couch that him and Maya fell asleep on. Maya feels her pockets for her phone until she sees it on the coffee table and takes a look at it. "Not mine".

Derek grabs his phone out of his coat pocket and feels the vibration of it ringing. "It's my sister" Derek informs before he answers the phone, putting it to his ear. "Hey. Everything okay?" Derek asks over the phone while Maya picks up the wine glasses and takes them to the kitchen sink trying not to listen in on the conversation.

"What's wrong? Is it Ma?" Derek asks, adjusting himself on the couch before speaking on the phone a little longer. "I'm on my way" Derek concludes before he hangs up the phone and immediately grabs his coat. "Everything alright?" Maya asks. "My sister- Uh, she's been hurt" Derek answers and Maya's eyes widen.

"Is she okay?" Maya asks and Derek nods his head. "She's alive but she's in a lot of pain" Derek answers and Maya lets out a worried sigh. "I got to go see her" Derek says. "Right" Maya says as she walks Derek to the door. He steps outside and before Maya could say anything he turns around, "Do you want to come?" Derek asks.

"Are you sure? I understand if it's a family thing" Maya says, wanting to go but not sure how his family will feel about it. "I could actually use you... we might reopen an old case" Derek declares and Maya nods her head, "Let me grab my stuff".

_____

Later, Maya and Derek had arrived at the hospital in Chicago where his sister Desiree is at. Maya looks to Derek who watches his sister with worry, waiting for her to wake up. She leans her hand in to touch his until chuckling is heard coming from his sister Desiree who has now woken up.

"Either my big brothers in the room, or somebody else is wearing his nasty-ass cologne" Desiree jokes making Maya chuckle softly, but not enough to draw attention to herself. "Where's mom?" Desiree wonders as she looks around the room. "I sent her home. I wanted her to get some rest" Derek informs as he sets his coffee down.

"You gonna introduce me to your very attractive female friend over there or you gonna make me do it myself?" Desiree asks and Maya stands to her feet, walking next to Derek so she could see her. "Hi, uh, I'm Maya. I work with Derek" Maya introduces, smiling down at Desiree.