𝙏𝙒𝙊

"In days that follow, I discover that anger is easier to handle than grief"
-Emily Griffin-

Maya was rearranging her desk even though she barley had anything but a notebook, a few pens and small key chains

Maya was rearranging her desk even though she barley had anything but a notebook, a few pens and small key chains. She didn't have any pictures to put up because she didn't like to reminisce on the past. Looking at old pictures always brought back some sort of memory and Maya always thought it was best to focus on the present because it was the only thing she could fix at the time being... not the past, not the future but the present.

A door slammed in the distance and Maya raised her head, seeing Derek leave Aaron's office and Maya could tell it was a pretty heated conversation. Derek takes a seat at one of the desks and scoffs as he recalls the moments that happened just a few moments ago. Maya looked around and noticed no one comforting him, like they already knew what was wrong and they didn't want to poke the bear. But Maya was reckless, she always poked the bear.

"Is... everything okay?" Maya asks slowly, scooting her chair a tad closer. Derek looks over at her, a hint of distance in his eyes. "You wouldn't understand" Derek replies making Maya scoff at his comment. "Why wouldn't I? Is this about- Emily?" Maya asks but Derek doesn't answer which confirms that the answer is yes.

"Considering the way, you carry yourself I have a feeling you wouldn't care about my feelings or anyone's feelings at that" Derek states honestly and you could tell he regretted it. Maya nodded her head slowly, understanding that he needed space but also not understanding why he had to be so harsh. But at the same time... she poked the bear.

"Wow... just when I was starting to like you Agent Morgan" Maya says before sucking her teeth and scooting back over to her clean and plain desk.

_____

Later, the team meets up in the office to discuss the mass murder that has happened in Tampa Bay. "A deadly chain of events to report to you today. Approximately 45 minutes ago, 4 people were shot to death in a gun shop on west waters street. Tampa P.D. is calling this mass murder unprecedented" The news reported states on screen before Hotch pauses the video.

"A woman went in there and just shot up the place?" Maya asks, shocked at the story she just heard. "Yeah, witnesses heard gunshots and saw a woman leaving the store" Garcia agrees. "Is there enough for a sketch?" Derek asks but there isn't since the business was family owned so there were no cameras set up making the woman unidentified.

"Witnesses say she was really calm," Garcia says. "Calm? She killed four people and walked out calmly?" Maya asks genuinely to which Garcia nods her head. "Like an office or school shooter" Rossi mentions while he wonders if the woman worked at the store, but it was clear she did not.

The group starts to pack up their things so they can head out and Maya is left with Garcia in the room, giving Garcia her time to shine. "Hey, uh-" Garcia starts off, already making it awkward and Maya furrows her eyebrows as she looks to Garcia while placing papers in its rightful case file. "I don't want this to sound weird, but I looked you up. I do that with everyone, don't worry-".