𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

"Life is like a piano. What you get out of it depends on how you play it"
-Tom Lehrer-

*tw: this case is about rape. if you don't feel comfortable reading something this, i suggest skipping this chapter*

Garcia lays out the case - a serial rapist, The Piano Man, in Houston that they consulted on six months ago has upped his game, and they're needed on the ground to work the case

Garcia lays out the case - a serial rapist, The Piano Man, in Houston that they consulted on six months ago has upped his game, and they're needed on the ground to work the case. "12 victims over 5 years. He crossed racial and social lines, ages too" Hotch informs.

"Power assertive?" Emily asks.

"Knocks them out with a date rape drug and binds them with piano wire" Rossi adds. "They... wake up with no memory of the assault or how they got the permanent scar the wire leaves" Maya states as she reads those words off the case file.

"So, he's branding his victims. How does he dose them?" Emily wonders.

"Houston PD still isn't sure cause, you know, date rape drugs metabolize quickly, and he's keeping them for 12 hours" Garcia explains, "So why call us in now?" Maya asks as she closes the case file shut. "Because of these most recent attacks. This piece of work has elevated sick and twisted to a whole new dimension" Garcia state as she shows women on the screen. Brittany Anderson.

Brittany filed a report after she woke up outside the restaurant she was abducted from, and recently, Vanessa Campbell was just reported missing. "Those were victims 2 and 5, weren't they?" Reid wonders to which Garcia nods her head. "He's going back and attacking survivors a second time" Garcia informs and Maya scoffs as she shakes her head.

"Wait, was Vanessa grabbed from her house?" JJ asks and Garcia nods her head. "That's a change in M.O." Maya adds. "Yeah, he's upping his game" JJ declares. "Well, we know he stalks them. But public venue abduction, he has the power. Home invasion? he's on their turf" Derek explains.

"He must think he can gain control before they get to something like a phone or a gun, if they have one" Maya adds on to Derek's statement. "The question is why? What is he getting from revisiting old victims?" Rossi wonders as he looks around at the team with confusion.

Emily looks through the crime scene photos and leans over to Maya, showing her the photos. Maya's face turns into one of cringe as she notices something on the ground of Vanessa's floor. "What is that? On the floor?" Maya asks as she and Emily look to the screen.

"Oh god, that is the contents of Vanessa Campbells stomach, which she threw up" Garcia answers. "And in the glass?" Emily asks. "According to the police report, it is salt and water" Garcia states and Maya looks over to Emily, "Homemade Emetic" Maya and Emily say in unison.