𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔-𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉

"Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it's letting go"
-Herman Hesse-

In the office, Garcia presents the case and reveals the team will be heading to New Mexico, where someone is snatching guys, cutting off their right legs, and then letting them go

In the office, Garcia presents the case and reveals the team will be heading to New Mexico, where someone is snatching guys, cutting off their right legs, and then letting them go. One in a motel, the other, who died in the procedure, was 'let go' in a ditch across the border.

How did a guy smuggle a one-legged and sedated man into a hotel without being noticed?

Derek asks if this is drug related, what with it being in cartel country, but Garcia claims that both victims said they had no involvement.

"Tony Anders had I.V bruising and surgical sutures on his stump..." JJ trails off before Alex adds onto her statement and says that since both legs were severed and then professionally sutured, they must be looking for a doctor.

"That's a first" Maya states as she looks through the case file in front of her.

"Tony had hypodermic needle marks on his neck" Maya points out, "The unsub could have drugged him and brought him into the hospital for surgery" Derek states and Maya shakes her head, knowing it's not likely for the unsub to hide them in a hospital.

"Even the most experienced surgeons can't operate without being supervised" Maya declares and Derek begins to brainstorm more ideas while Reid points out that the surgeon didn't even do that good a job, and he's more accurately referred to as a butcher.

The team starts to gather on the plane and Maya grabs a cup of coffee before she takes a seat and starts looking through the brutal crime scene photos. Derek takes a seat next to Maya and Maya could practically feel his eyes on her, not that she cared.

"Staring is rude" Maya says as she looks over at Derek a smile slowly creeping up on his lips as he realizes Maya has caught him right in the act.

"Sorry, you just caught my eye" Derek says and Maya shook her head slowly as a smile grew on her face as well, "Don't make me regret last night" Maya says softly and Derek lifted his hands up in surrender, "Never".

LAST NIGHT

When he kissed her, Maya felt as if she was losing her mind. Maya, while still in the kiss, helped Derek remove his long sleeve shirt and quickly tossed it to the ground before his lips trails down her neck and her back slowly landed on the soft bed behind her. The slower the kiss, the faster her heartbeat. His hand ran up her bare leg and goosebumps ran up her leg with every touch he placed.

Maya scooted further onto the bed, bring Derek closer to her, never wanting the moment to stop. This was weird for Maya. Not the fact that she was in bed with Derek, the fact that she never wanted the moment to stop. The fact that she could see herself there all day and night. He looked at her the way she needed to be looked at. Like the whole world could crumble if he blinked for just a moment.