𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔-𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀

"Letting go does not mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to"
-Mandy Hale-

When we last left the team, Emily had run into a bank just before it exploded

When we last left the team, Emily had run into a bank just before it exploded. Will and the two bank robbers were in the basement, possibly sheltered from the effects of the blast and Maya was still inside the bank when it exploded. Will either of them survive?

"Where's Maya? Did she get out?" Derek asks as him and JJ rise to their feet. "Where's Will?" JJ asks, excusing Maya's existence. The team then runs into the building to check if anyone survives.

"Will!" JJ shouts, shining her flashlight around in the bank.

"Maya! Emily!" Derek shouts as he raises his gun just in case one of the robbers are still inside.

Inside the bank Emily is revealed to be fine - she's discovered the elderly couple of hostages, who hid inside the bank rather than trying to escape when the place was unguarded. "Help" Someone groans in the distance making Derek turn his head with worry.

"Did you hear that?" Derek asks as he and Emily look around as the scream for help gets louder.

"Ugh!" Maya groans as she tries to remove the large roofing that lays on top of her. "Maya? Maya!" Derek shouts as he leaves Emily with the elderly couple and starts to look for Maya, knowing that's her voice. JJ looks to Emily who shakes her head, since she hasn't seen Will the whole time she's been in the bank.

JJ kicks the wall before she follows Derek to search for Maya. "I'm- I'm over- here!" Maya groans as her arms drop, causing the large piece of roofing to fall onto her chest yet again. "Maya" Derek breathes out as he rushes over and places his arms underneath hers and slowly drags her out of from underneath the roofing that had fallen in the explosion.

Maya lets out a harsh cough as dust fills the air but soon stops as she turns around, looking Derek in the eyes. He notices the cut on her cheek and places his hand on it and slowly wipes the blood away.

"Maybe you should've came to the bank with me" Maya says softly as she groans while Derek helps her stand to her feet and ends up falling limp in his arms as she feels sudden pain in one of her legs.

"What's wrong?" Derek asks before JJ shows up, shining his flashlight at the two of them. JJ looks Maya up and down and sees the blood dripping down from her leg, pointing her flashlight at it to give everyone more visual. "It's just a little cut" Maya declares as she wraps her arm around Derek while inspecting her leg.

"Are you alright?" JJ asks as she swallows a large lump down her throat nervously. "For the most part" Maya answers, letting out a sigh after. "Do you know where Will went?" JJ asks, tears starting to cloud her vision.

"We tried to help him when he was shot but he wanted to turn the robbers against each other and led the man to the basement so we all could get out" Maya answers, gripping onto Derek as she tries to find her balance.