𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

"But with every falling apart, there is a coming together"
-Seeker-

"But with every falling apart, there is a coming together" -Seeker-

Late night text. Garcia texted the team late at night and informed them on an important case. It had to be important enough to wake Maya out of her amazing slumber. Maya hands her duffel bag to one of the flight attendants and proceeds to get on the jet.

"Hey" Derek greets making Maya groan in annoyance.

"Sorry, I'm really tired. I hate late night cases, they're always the worse ones" Maya says, taking a seat on the jet and Derek takes a seat next to her as the rest of the team gathers onto the jet.

"Yeah, we don't get these often. I wonder what it is" Derek states before Garcia calls Hotch off his tablet. "Hi, Hi. Sorry for the cryptic late- night text, but I promised I'd fill you in on the way here, and I keep my promises" Garcia starts off while everyone takes their seats, some tired and some look as if they're ready to start the day.

"This boy was found two hours ago in the middle of nowhere. Technically he was found outside of Crawford, Arizona. My point is, he has clearly been to super hell and escaped some sort of captivity" Garcia explains before Derek hands Maya some of the photos of the wounds on the boy's body and she can't believe her eyes.

"How do we know he wasn't just dropped off there?" Derek wonders. "He has fresh cuts on the bottom of his feet from the local cactus fields, and that's away from any roads and his skin is rubbed raw around his ankles from chains" Garcia explains, her voice getting lower as she explains the brutal torture this kid has been through.

"Oh my god..." Maya whispers to herself as she looks how scared and nervous the kid is in the photos.

"He must've had a chance to escape, and he took it" Derek suggests. "Thank god he did" Maya adds on. "My god, you guys, look at his eyes" Garcia urges and when Maya flips through the photo of the child's eyes she can't believe it.

"He's jaundiced" Maya states. "He probably hasn't seen daylight in a while" JJ adds on.

"Are there any missing children in the area, Garcia?" Reid asks. "None until now, but sir you may have more information than I do" Garcia says, referring to Hotch.

"Earlier tonight another boy was reported missing in flagstaff" Hotch explains. The recent abduction of, Billy Henderson, was in the area within hours of the escape. Roadblocks were set up and alerts went out, but no clues have come up so the only way they can get more information is figuring out what the first victims knows... if he knows anything at all.

As the team drives into town, Garcia reveals that a helpful woman went to the police station to inform them that she remembers a similar crime from thirty years earlier. Then she saw a picture in a glass display case, got freaked out, and fled the station. Luckily, she left her name and is on video, so it shouldn't be too hard to track down.