𝙊𝙉𝙀

"What is one man's gain is another's loss"
-Samuel Taylor Coleridge-

"Hey, you alright?" Rossi asks as he walks over to Hotch who just got off the phone

"Hey, you alright?" Rossi asks as he walks over to Hotch who just got off the phone. "I'm alright. I'm worried about the team and Strauss thinks adding a probationary agent is going to solve our problems" Hotch answers as the two of them start to walk to the office to go over the new case. "Seaver knows she's not replacing Prentiss" Rossi argues but Aaron stops them both and turns to look at him.

"I'm afraid someone already has" Aaron states before the two of them walk into the room seeing someone sitting right in Emily's seat. The seat where she sat at a point in time.

"Who the hell is she?" Derek asks, pointing to the mysterious woman looking comfortable in the seat next to Dereks'. The woman then spins her chair around, getting a look at the whole group. Her leg was crossed over the other and her arms rested on the armchairs. She had on a black leather jacket with a navy-blue shirt underneath along with black jeans and black boots because pant suits were never her thing.

"Maya Regan and I would say it's nice to meet you, but I have a feeling that won't be reciprocated." She introduces, waiting for everyone else to introduce themselves, even though she already knew everyone's name, but they didn't. They just continued to stare at her like she was a fly that wasn't supposed to be in their home.

Maya then furrows her brows, her eyes squinting in the process as she begins analyzing Derek who hesitantly takes the seat next to her and Maya knew that him and everyone else weren't comfortable around her considering who they just lost. In their eyes Maya was just a replacement, nothing else.

Aaron, SSA Aaron Hotchner, clears his throat and shakes Maya's hand reassuringly. "Nice to meet you Regan and so is everyone else" Hotch states, speaking for the whole group.

"You speak for everybody?" Maya asks as she removes her hand from Hotch's and turns her seat towards the front of the room but feels multiple eyes practically piercing through her soul.

"Let's just get started" Aaron states as he takes his seat, along with everyone else. "Ok, uh, well you're headed to Portland, Oregon, and it's not for a dead moon concert" Garcia states as she turns on the tv screen behind her. Maya leans back in her chair and listens on the case before looking over to Derek Morgan who seems to be analyzing her as well. Watching her every move, every glance, every breath and Maya couldn't say she was upset about it because his presence was sort of relieving despite his harsh demeanor.

Back to the case, Two people are dead, Jay Johnson, who was a DJ, and a nurse, who was stabbed 40 times with eight different weapons. "That's too many weapons for one person," Rossi says. Regan narrows her eyes at the screen before skimming through the case file set in front of her.

"It says there's a left and right handed killer" Regan points out to which Garcia nods her. The room falls silent for a moment and Regan raises her head noticing Garcia watching her sadly like she was reminiscing. "Is there a problem?" Regan asks, looking around at the team. "Yeah, but we'd be here all day if we told you" Derek states harshly making Maya scoff in annoyance.