𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔-𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀

"Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch"
-Jack Throne-

The team hears a gunshot from outside and rushes into the building, finding Reid on his knees, devastated

The team hears a gunshot from outside and rushes into the building, finding Reid on his knees, devastated. Maya looks down at the blood that covers the floor and looks to Reid who covers his face, sobbing at the loss of his love.

She swore he'd get to say what he wanted and that wasn't the case.

_____

"Earth to Maya" Derek calls out, jerking Maya out of her trance as she was staring out the window, not saying a word. "You haven't said a word since I started driving" Derek says as he stops at a red light. They were on their way to the office to discuss a new case that had been handed to them.

"Not much to say" Maya clears her throat, not meeting Derek's eyes until he places his hand on top of hers, wanting to know what could possibly be wrong.

"It's just-" Maya stammers as Morgan looks to her reassuringly. "We told Reid that he'd get to say all these things to Maeve, and he didn't. I feel bad" Maya confesses before Derek notices the light has now turned green and slowly removes his hand from hers and continues driving.

"You can't blame yourself for that, we didn't know that was going to happen" Derek declares and Maya shakes her head before turning her head to look out the window.

"She was stalked, kidnapped, and her ex-fiancé was killed right in front of her. What made us think that Diane wouldn't do the same to Maeve?" Maya questions to herself while Derek looks over at her every now and then before keeping his eyes on the road and continuing on until they get to the office.

_____

At work everyone is worried about Reid, but Garcia still goes on to present the case. A dead guy was wrapped in plastic and dumped in the garbage is just like a woman disposed of the same way.

It turns out that the killer drained them of all their blood, mostly while alive, so the heart would do the work for them. The team mentions how hard it is to get the last bits of blood out, "Once the heart stops pumping, it's even harder to continue extracting the blood" Rossi adds while Maya flips through the case file.

"So, how is he doing it?" Maya asks, lifting her head to see Garcia groan in disbelief, "I wish you wouldn't have asked that cause now I got to show this picture" Garcia says before showing a photo of how the blood was being extracted from the femoral artery.

"Our unsub could have medical knowledge" JJ declares which Hotch agrees but they won't know more until they get there.

_____

On the plane, the team chats chat about possible motives and victimology. The victims were a rich white guy in his 40s and a poor black woman in her 20s. These are people who move in completely different circles-how could a killer approach and abduct them without being noticed and remembered by at least one of the groups he would have to pass through?